Congratulations - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57

Thread: Congratulations

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Not sure why that needed to be typed here... I'm here and most assuredly male... If it bothers you don't come back... If the gals feel the need to have their own space then take it at face value. The sign on the door did not read "women only"...

    6shootercarry said it well. You're the one who doesn't get it. If you don't like it here, you don't have to come back. Or...whatever.

  2.   
  3. #22
    I think ya'll are being a bit too hard on PX4. While I don't give a rat's behind who wants to start any separate forum, basically, his point was valid, if I understood him correctly. What I got was: a gun is a gun is a gun, whether it's handled by a man or a woman, so what issues about weapon-preparedness would be gender specific? I can see this point.

    OTOH, if we are discussing empty-hand combat, I can see lots of gender-specific issues. But, carrying a weapon? Not so much...

    Now, about that forum for "old, fat, bald, white guys"...

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I think ya'll are being a bit too hard on PX4. While I don't give a rat's behind who wants to start any separate forum, basically, his point was valid, if I understood him correctly. What I got was: a gun is a gun is a gun, whether it's handled by a man or a woman, so what issues about weapon-preparedness would be gender specific? I can see this point.

    OTOH, if we are discussing empty-hand combat, I can see lots of gender-specific issues. But, carrying a weapon? Not so much...

    Now, about that forum for "old, fat, bald, white guys"...
    If that's the case, tell me why there are so many other special interest forums here. If there weren't any other special interest forums then this would just be one big forum for carry. Y'know, he can always ask Luke to create a forum for Men & Guns if that's his wish. Hard on him? I Think Not! He's the one who came on like a bull in a china shop, assuming we were trying to be separate (men are not excluded) and bolding his text as if he was yelling for no one to get mad, but posting like he was already mad himself. He's posted other comments after mine that were quite presumptuous, calling me names, asking me why I was bossing people around, telling them what to do. I wasn't. I have no idea who this person is, only that he just recently joined this site. I just put him (I assume it's a him) on my ignore list. I don't need to put up with his type of aggravation. He's entitled to voice his opinion. I'm entitled not to listen. I'm not into flame wars. Peace out, brothers and sisters.

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    St. Louis County, MO
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Yea what he typed...

    Come on over. We'll have shrimp on the Barbe and some lobster (pronounced lobsta here in New England)...

    Peace
    New England...is that near Texas? Yup! Australia Day yesterday. We had shrimp on the barbie and of course some crayfish (lobsta in your language...) straight from Maine (Hubby flew in there last Sunday...came back the same day to dunk them all alive in the tank at the basement...am I cruel or not????) Meanwhile, I prepared all the ingredients for the salads, sausage rolls, lamingtons, prawns and avocado seafood sticks, pavlovas and the main course -- crayfish...just the right sizes!! And of course, what is a barbie without Aussie beer??? -- I ordered some Vic Bitters, 4-X and Coopers. You should have been here instead...we had some fun with some Americans with Aussie wives and husbands. You should have seen the faces of some women when they learned I am carrying...Priceless!!!

    (Pssst....I sneaked in a pot of chilli beans because it was freakin' cold here yesterday!!!) Now we are having some decent snow...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    we had some fun with some Americans with Aussie wives and husbands. You should have seen the faces of some women when they learned I am carrying...Priceless!!!
    I get the same thing and I love it, especially when I climb down off the motorcycle.

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    St. Louis County, MO
    Posts
    3,445
    Wo-Man, that was fun, huh??? We gotta have something to fill up our days and irritating anti-gun idiots is great sport.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    New England...is that near Texas? Yup! Australia Day yesterday. We had shrimp on the barbie and of course some crayfish (lobsta in your language...) straight from Maine (Hubby flew in there last Sunday...came back the same day to dunk them all alive in the tank at the basement...am I cruel or not????) Meanwhile, I prepared all the ingredients for the salads, sausage rolls, lamingtons, prawns and avocado seafood sticks, pavlovas and the main course -- crayfish...just the right sizes!! And of course, what is a barbie without Aussie beer??? -- I ordered some Vic Bitters, 4-X and Coopers. You should have been here instead...we had some fun with some Americans with Aussie wives and husbands. You should have seen the faces of some women when they learned I am carrying...Priceless!!!

    (Pssst....I sneaked in a pot of chilli beans because it was freakin' cold here yesterday!!!) Now we are having some decent snow...
    I'm hungry now.... That sounds tasty... It's been a few weeks since I had lobsta... My neighbor dives most every weekend in the warm weather. He brings bunches of them home. I keep an eye on his home, cut the grass when he and his wife are on vacation so I get em by the cooler load... Gotta drop em in the pot alive it's the only way. 60% water 40% beer for steaming them... Add some seaweed for full flavor... Now I'm gonna have to go and get some cookies before I go to bed... starting to drool...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I think ya'll are being a bit too hard on PX4. While I don't give a rat's behind who wants to start any separate forum, basically, his point was valid, if I understood him correctly. What I got was: a gun is a gun is a gun, whether it's handled by a man or a woman, so what issues about weapon-preparedness would be gender specific? I can see this point.

    OTOH, if we are discussing empty-hand combat, I can see lots of gender-specific issues. But, carrying a weapon? Not so much...

    Now, about that forum for "old, fat, bald, white guys"...
    Agreed.. Perhaps not fully understanding, but if I'm not mistaken the thread was started by a male to honor the persistence of the armed female here. The thread, in my opinion was a tribute to the coexistence of male and female in what some people would consider a male hobby, sport, past time, etc...
    Perhaps I reacted too quickly.

    I like the F.O.G.B.W or W.O.F.B.G or G.O.F.B.W thread idea... Will have to choose one acronym... Groovy...

    Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  10. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I think ya'll are being a bit too hard on PX4. While I don't give a rat's behind who wants to start any separate forum, basically, his point was valid, if I understood him correctly. What I got was: a gun is a gun is a gun, whether it's handled by a man or a woman, so what issues about weapon-preparedness would be gender specific? I can see this point.

    OTOH, if we are discussing empty-hand combat, I can see lots of gender-specific issues. But, carrying a weapon? Not so much...

    Now, about that forum for "old, fat, bald, white guys"...

    Thank you ! someone gets it !

    Right behind you on the old, fat, bald guy thing.

  11. #30
    I think it is a neat idea to honor all the women that have taken responsibility for their personal protection. I am glad more and more women are learning to shoot and arming themselves. I also think it is great there are a number of second amendment web sites that are geared toward the female. I have listed a few. I am sure there are more. By the way there is good reading on them for the men also and I am sure the women will not mind if we take a look.






    The Paxton Quigley Web Page
    Second Amendment Sisters - Self-Defense is a Basic Human Right
    Cornered Cat
    Armed Females of America Pro Gun Women on Full Auto
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast