Women and open carry - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Women and open carry

And what have you to say, Andie? It seemed that you were quick to reply to those who were willing to be interviewed. Now the thread is hot, and you are silent.

At the very least, I would call it shoddy journalism. But I tend to believe the article came across exactly as you intended.

In an earlier post you claim that "in fact I want to overturn some preconceptions that people may have about the pro-gun lobby. " The only pro-gun people you quote are a couple of women who carry, and their personal opinions. All the while, you have quoted Hamm (a communications director) and Yewman (a media spokesperson/ community organizer) on multiple occasions, without offering ANY data supporting what they are presenting as fact. Now, considering the UK has their own anti-gun agenda that it spoon feeds into the minds of it's citizens, just who do you think your unknowing readers will give more credibility to? Claiming that the Brady Campaign doesn't want to ban all guns just bolsters that credibility. However, it doesn't take much research to realize that they want to ban the private ownership of DAMN NEAR all guns.

Why have you neglected to quote anyone who is pro-gun, who could offer statistical data refuting their nonsense? And yes, Hamm's claim that "any criminal can buy a gun at a gun show" and Yewman's claim that "a lot of the time the person who buys the gun to protect himself or herself ends up being a victim of that gun..." are outright false. I won't even go into Meleanie Hain, as others have already pointed out that deplorable portrayal. But I will add that it wasn't her own gun that she was killed with.

The closest you come to a gun proponent quote and statistic is...
    Despite official government figures, the pro-gun camp maintains that guns reduce crime rather than increase it. John Lott, senior research scientist at the University of Maryland and author of More Guns Less Crime, argues that crime is lower in areas where guns are permitted, although anti-gun campaigners vigorously dispute his arguments and research.
    First, I would like to know what "official government figures" you are referring to? It should be pointed out that Lott's research was one of the most comprehensive gun/crime studies ever conducted. You nonchalantly state that "anti-gun campaigners vigorously dispute his arguments and research" without offering any quotes or data offered by these campaigners. And while this paragraph implies that crime is NOT reduced by increased gun ownership, just a couple pages earlier you write...
    The past ten years have, in fact, seen crime rates plummet across the country. Last year, the FBI’s tally of violent crimes dropped to lows not seen since the 60s. Yet people are convinced crime has increased – 74 percent of respondents in a 2009 Gallup poll said crime was getting worse.
    So, we've seen a plummet in crime rates, but an all-time-high increase in gun ownership had nothing to do with it? It may be worth pointing out that the plummet in crimes happened where the largest increases in gun ownership took place, while the crime rate in the most restrictive cities/ states haven't fallen nearly as much.

And one more thing that should be noted...74 percent of respondents may have said that crime is getting worse. However, I would be willing to bet that a poll taken only of law abiding gun carriers would show that at least 74% of us know that the crime rate is declining. And we know why it is declining. We are largely an educated bunch who must stay on top of the "mind-boggling" rules so that we remain within the law. With that comes the common sense realization that guns DO reduce crime, and the statistics to back it up.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

3. Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    And what have you to say, Andie?

you are silent.
    Yeah, that ^.

Originally Posted by utimmer43
    And what have you to say, Andie?

you are silent.
    The silence speaks volumes.
    NRA, GOA, USCCA, OFCC, BFA, USA Carry

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

How many lies would you like to hear from her?
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

wolfhunter Guest
    Andie made her token gesture to gun carrying women and then wrote the article she and her editor planned on writing when she started.

7. TV-Piece

Dear All,

I have read the article by Mrs. Cordani and thats how I got in touch with your movement. I am working for RTL German Television which is the largest private broadcaster in Germany.
    For one of our news formats we would like to produce a TV-Piece on women within Open Carry.

I know about your scepticism in journalists and I would like to assure you that we want to produce an objective piece. We want to portrait two women on open carry in their every day life. We would like to do interviews with them and shoot film with them in their every day life.

Is anyone of you willing to do this? We are based in New York and are willing to fly out to you guys for one or two days to shoot film.

Id be glad to hear from you!

All the best,

Stephan Framke

8. Quote Originally Posted by TVpiece View Post
    Dear All,

I have read the article by Mrs. Cordani and thats how I got in touch with your movement. I am working for RTL German Television which is the largest private broadcaster in Germany.
    For one of our news formats we would like to produce a TV-Piece on women within Open Carry.

I know about your scepticism in journalists and I would like to assure you that we want to produce an objective piece. We want to portrait two women on open carry in their every day life. We would like to do interviews with them and shoot film with them in their every day life.

Is anyone of you willing to do this? We are based in New York and are willing to fly out to you guys for one or two days to shoot film.

All the best,

Stephan Framke
    I would recommend you check the forums at OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost! .... There are plenty of female open carriers there.

Quote Originally Posted by TVpiece View Post
    Dear All,

All the best,

Stephan Framke

Hi Stephen,
    I am an open carrier and also a NRA Instructor and train NC residents in Concealed Carry Handgun for their permits. Shoot me an email to [email protected] if you're interested in coming to beautiful NC. We also have classes for the next 3 Saturdays in November if you would like to include one of those in your piece. We would welcome an unbiased, objective journalist.
    Thanks!
    Crystal D Mann CAGA http://www.ccwofnc.com
    NC CCW, NRA Basic Pistol & Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor
    Certified Arsenal Appraisals & $20 NC FFL Transfer Services too!

Well I hate to say "They told you so" but they did! All the members who spoke up and saw this writer for just what she was " Anti Gun and from the tone in her article Anti American!"After reading it I found it vary one-sided and she took every chance she could to paint Gun owners and the women who took part in the story as paranoid.
    Last year,
    the FBIs tally of violent crimes dropped
    to lows not seen since the 60s. Yet people
    are convinced crime has increased
    74 per cent of respondents in a 2009
    Gallup poll said crime was getting worse.
    I like how she left out that part were the FBI said why crime has gone down. They said in states that allow people to be armed data support's crime is down because of gun ownership!
    Handguns have been almost completely
    outlawed in the UK since 1997, but such
    a law is unlikely to be passed in the States.
    Again she leaves out the fact that assaults, muggings, beatings, stabbings and any other kind of attacks are through the roof in the UK.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345