Why should women carry? The simple answer. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Why should women carry? The simple answer.

  1. Women should carry it cuz they r weaker than men. That's all.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N. Central Indiana
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by earlysummer84 View Post
    Women should carry it cuz they r weaker than men. That's all.
    I disagree.... IF the need is felt to carry a firearm for protection, EVERYONE should be able to carry. Gender has no place in the decision. I'm gettin' to be a "senior citizen"(male) , and most likely there are women out there who could bust my chops pretty good. I'll not be able to outrun you, and likely not be able to out-fight you, but I stand a better than even chance of shooting you before I get subdued.

    Not sure who wrote this, but I think it pretty well says it....

    1. We don't carry firearms so that we can ignore other basics of personal safety. Every permit holder that I know realizes that almost all dangerous situations can be avoided by vigilance, alertness and by simply making wise choices about where one goes and what one does. We don't walk down dark alleys. We lock our cars. We don't get intoxicated in public or hang out around people who do. We park our cars in well lighted spots and don't hang out in bad parts of town where we have no business. A gun is our last resort, not our first.

    2. We don't think we are cops, spies, or superheroes. We aren't hoping that somebody tries to rob the convenience store while we are there so we can shoot a criminal. We don't take it upon ourselves to get involved in situations that are better handled by a 911 call or by simply standing by and being a good witness. We don't believe our guns give us any authority over our fellow citizens. We also aren't here to be your unpaid volunteer bodyguard. We'll be glad to tell you where we trained and point you to some good gun shops if you feel you want to take this kind of responsibility for your personal safety. Except for extraordinary circumstances your business is your business, don't expect us to help you out of situations you could have avoided.

    3. We are LESS likely, not more likely, to be involved in fights or "rage" incidents than the general public. We recognize, better than many unarmed citizens, that we are responsible for our actions. We take the responsibility of carrying a firearm very seriously. We know that loss of temper, getting into fights or angrily confronting someone after a traffic incident could easily escalate into a dangerous situation. We are more likely to go out of our way to avoid these situations. We don't pull our guns to settle arguments or to attempt to threaten people into doing what we want.

    4. We are responsible gun owners. We secure our firearms so that children and other unauthorized people cannot access them. Most of us have invested in safes, cases and lock boxes as well as other security measures to keep our firearms secure. Many of us belong to various organizations that promote firearms safety and ownership.

    5. Guns are not unsafe or unpredictable. Modern firearms are well made precision instruments. Pieces do not simply break off causing them to fire. A hot day will not set them off. Most modern firearms will not discharge even if dropped. There is no reason to be afraid of a gun simply lying on a table or in a holster. It is not going to discharge on its own.

    6. We do not believe in the concept of "accidental discharges". There are no accidental discharges only negligent discharges or intentional discharges. We take responsibility for our actions and have learned how to safely handle firearms. Any case you have ever heard of about a gun "going off" was the result of negligence on somebody's part. Our recognition of our responsibility and familiarity with firearms makes us among the safest firearms owners in America.

    7. Permit holders do their best to keep our concealed weapons exactly that: concealed. However, there are times with an observant fellow citizen may spot our firearm or the print of our firearm under our clothes. We are very cognizant that concerns about terrorism and crime are in the forefront of the minds of most citizens. We also realize that our society does much to condition our fellow citizens to have sometimes irrational fears about firearms. We would encourage citizens who do happen to spot someone carrying a firearm to use good judgment and clear thinking if they feel to need to take action. Please recognize that it's very uncommon for a criminal to use a holster. However, if you feel the need to report having spotted a firearm we would ask that you please be specific and detailed in your call to the police or in your report to a store manager or private security. Please don't generalize or sensationalize what you observed. Comments like "there's a guy running around in the store with a gun" or even simply "I saw a man with a gun in the store" could possibly cause a misunderstanding as to the true nature of the incident.

    8. The fact that we carry a firearm to any given place does not mean that we believe that place to be inherently unsafe. If we believe a place to be unsafe, most of us would avoid that place all together if possible. However, we recognize that trouble could occur at any place and at any time. Criminals do not observe "gun free zones". If trouble does come, we do not want the only armed persons to be perpetrators. Therefore, we don't usually make a determination about whether or not to carry at any given time based on "how safe" we think a location is.

    9. Concealed weapon permit holders are an asset to the public in times of trouble. The fact that most permit holders have the good judgment to stay out of situations better handled by a 911 call or by simply being a careful and vigilant witness does not mean that we would fail to act in situations where the use of deadly force is appropriate to save lives. Review of high profile public shooting incidents shows that when killers are confronted by armed resistance they tend to either break off the attack and flee or choose to end their own life. Lives are saved when resistance engages a violent criminal. Lives are lost when the criminal can do as he pleases.

    10. The fact that criminals know that some of the population may be armed at any given time helps to deter violence against all citizens. Permit holders don't believe that every person should necessarily be armed. We recognize that some people may not be temperamentally suited to carry a firearm or simply may wish not to for personal reasons. However we do encourage you to respect our right to arm ourselves. Even if you choose not to carry a firearm yourself please oppose measures to limit the ability of law abiding citizens to be armed. As mentioned before: criminals do not observe "gun free zones". Help by not supporting laws that require citizens to be unarmed victims.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

  4. #13
    wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by earlysummer84 View Post
    Women should carry it cuz they r weaker than men. That's all.
    That female powerlifter at the local gym might find fallacy in your statement.

  5. #14
    The bottom like is the same for women or men and has been printed before. The reason anyone and everyone should carry is because YOU are the only one that can protect you 24 hours a day.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by earlysummer84 View Post
    Women should carry it cuz they r weaker than men. That's all.
    You haven't met my wife.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Ga9mm View Post
    You haven't met my wife.
    You sound like MY husband.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. - Author Unknown ----------- Nos laetus epulor qui would domito nos. - Morticia Addams

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by boudica View Post
    I listened to the first one... I can't bring myself to listen to the second one, knowing what to expect.

    Thank you for posting them.
    I can't blame you, it's terrible, but therein lies the reality and shock factor needed to penetrate through someone's falsely perceived ideas of police protection.

    Like it was stated, we are the only ones responsible for our own protection 24/7.


    You are very welcome.

  9. Thank you for this video. I learned to never be ashamed. Never be a victim, and paper doesn't stop criminals, but Bullets do stop the criminals. There is no reason not to be armed if you are female. Many years ago I stopped off at the local bar with co-workers. I was followed home by a pervert. I saw him in my rear view mirror. I drove to the police station and he took off really fast, but I got his license plate number and police had a nice chat with him later on. Females have to watch where ever they are, someone can easily follow you home while driving in your car from the supermarket, nail salon, movies, video store, etc.. You are a victim... by just being a female.

  10. <<<cringe>>>

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Yuma, AZ
    Posts
    71
    A friend of mine is a very sweet attractive redhead and my personal trainer with a body of steel. She works out constantly and I would be hard pressed to see most men take her down. I thought to recommend that she carry because she use to open her gym at 4:30 a.m. and she was there all by herself in a not so active area. Anyway, we all know that women are more vulnerable to predators. Conversely, women are more inclined to shoot without hesitation than a man. At least this is what neurological studies show at Walter Reed.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What Do You Carry?
    By lukem in forum Concealed Carry Discussion
    Replies: 871
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 05:43 PM
  2. Indiana Open Carry.
    By Wraith in forum Open Carry Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 03:39 AM
  3. What do women think is best way to carry revolver
    By BaddLadd in forum Women & Guns
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2010, 11:04 AM
  4. Blown Away: American Women and Guns
    By gdcleanfun in forum Women & Guns
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 08:50 PM
  5. Arkansas Petition For Open Carry Of Handguns
    By cmclairday2 in forum Arkansas Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-13-2009, 06:05 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast