Rape protection where guns are banned!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Rape protection where guns are banned!

  1. #1

    Rape protection where guns are banned!

    I found this while reviewing "Corrections News and Research" this week.

    Spiked Anti-rape Condom Could Debut Soon in South Africa - David DiSalvo - Brainspin - True/Slant

    -Doc

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Very effective. O U C H

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Just be sure that your wife/girlfriend removes the device before a consentual sexual encounter!




    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  5. #4
    It would be considered setting a trap and you would be liable for damages.

    Locally a group of people kept on breaking into this farmers barn and damaging property. It was on private property and there is no way to accidentally get to the barn. So the farmer rigged up a shotgun so when the door opened it would go off. One of the vandals did this with the obvious results. The farmer went to jail and lost all of his property in the lawsuit filed by the vandals family.

    Personally I feel that criminals get what they get. But thats not the way the legal system is set up.
    -Austin

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    It would be considered setting a trap and you would be liable for damages.

    Locally a group of people kept on breaking into this farmers barn and damaging property. It was on private property and there is no way to accidentally get to the barn. So the farmer rigged up a shotgun so when the door opened it would go off. One of the vandals did this with the obvious results. The farmer went to jail and lost all of his property in the lawsuit filed by the vandals family.

    Personally I feel that criminals get what they get. But thats not the way the legal system is set up.
    The history of 'booby traps' long predates gun-control laws. Before restrictions were placed on gun ownership in the US -- such devices had been outlawed in many states. A lot of innocent people were injured and killed by traps set to stop robbers. People who had legitimate reasons to enter a building or use a machine sometimes found themselves victims to these contraptions so courts have a long history of ruling against the owner who sets one.

    I find it interesting that you believe these laws and rulings may apply to this bizarre device. It will be interesting to see what happens in courts if a case where these are involved makes it to court.

    You may very well be correct -- limited only by the location of the court.

    (Personally, I have this crazy hope that the first US case will be in San Francisco...or maybe DC...or....)
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Just be sure that your wife/girlfriend removes the device before a consentual sexual encounter!




    gf
    You sir, are NOT a good liberal. There is no such thing as 'consensual' sex for a woman. ALL sex is assault on a female. When a woman 'consents' to sex, even with her husband, she is party to her own rape.

    Ask any feminist
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    It would be considered setting a trap and you would be liable for damages.
    The several states I have lived in have strict laws against "Spring Guns..." and the like. The laws specify just what exactly is prohibited.

    While I am certainly not a lawyer, depending on the state you live in, it may be perfectly legal.

    -Doc

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    If a woman has no means of self-defense, this is a novel idea. Can this device be worn long term? like an IUD? It should be named, "The Bobbit"

    Unfortunately I see this device used by women seeking revenge. Sometimes justifiably so.

    When I worked in a gun store, on more then one occasion, women would show up, selling their husbands/boyfriends firearms. They didn't want much money, they just wanted to sell them.
    Sometimes you could see the amusement on their faces.

    The same expression you see on a house cats face while it plays with it's freshly caught prey.

    Never abuse the woman in your life. You will not have to worry about such things.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post

    Never abuse the woman in your life. You will not have to worry about such things.
    Sing "Amen" to that!

    -Doc

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    You sir, are NOT a good liberal. There is no such thing as 'consensual' sex for a woman. ALL sex is assault on a female. When a woman 'consents' to sex, even with her husband, she is party to her own rape.

    Ask any feminist
    Nice.

    Onto the actaul topic- I don't think that would be legal or even a decent idea in the U.S. However, in South Africa rapes are practically commonplace so for that location I think those could actually be quite effective.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BATFE, big brother and toy guns.
    By Strayz in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 07:32 PM
  2. Gun Rights in South Africa
    By utimmer43 in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2010, 07:44 PM
  3. SHTF Advice...
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 10:49 AM
  4. Americans stick to their guns
    By ricbak in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 10:39 PM
  5. One man and his guns, guns and more guns
    By lukem in forum Nevada Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 10:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast