Good Full Sized Carry Handbag/Purse ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Full Sized Carry Handbag/Purse ?

1. Good Full Sized Carry Handbag/Purse ?

I bought Kathleen a purse on sale at Sportsman's Guide, made by Gun Totin' Mamas. The price was right, but we find she needs a bit more room. She says she had to move her wallet to draw her gun.

We're talking about a 4" inch Model 66, the same one she carried on duty, some years ago.

I looked at Mernickle holsters, saw they're just reselling the Gun Totin' Mamas bags.

Can anyone here recommend an affordable bag that will allow easy access to a four inch medium frame revolver, and still have room for a couple of speedloaders, folding knife, fat wallet and the usual purse clutter?

I've heard that Gloria LeMasters is getting back into the business. But a rather punitive divorce decree leaves me with less spending money than the last time I patronized GML Products.

Kathleen usually prefers black, and she'll take function and durability over fancy appearance.

Thanks in advance.
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

I purchased a conceal carry purse that I absolutely love. It has a lockable zippered compartment on the side that allows for concealed carry of a holster and my handgun. When the main compartments of the purse are exposed to public view, no weapon can be seen. It is very roomy and easily holds all of my essentials.

Information on affordable conceal carry purses, like the one I purchased, can be found at this URL:
    Leather Feminine Protection Gun Purse and Conceal Carry Gun Handbag
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

I bought that same Gun Toten Momas purse and have been using it for about a week now. I don't seem to have any trouble getting my gun out or having room for my wallet, etc. I guess the difference is my purse gun is a compact 9mm and my wallet is a slim hard sided one.
    I don't know of any bigger ones. I have seen some at gun shows and gun shops, but I don't know what brand they were. Personally I hate the idea of a carry purse, but since I am not allowed to carry at work, my gun goes in the purse. (I know, I'm bad)

I ONLY purchase conceal carry purses that have a strap long enough to carry cross body. That greatly reduces the threat of someone "snatching" my purse with the loaded gun inside.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

wolfhunter Guest

I could not even get away with thinking about that with all the ladies here...... Ask the 2A Posse, They met them!
    Semper Fi

8. Hey, Conservative Wife & Mom, those bags look pretty affordable. Thanks.

Say, wolfhunter, we'll look at the Maxpedition stuff, too. We've also been working on a bugout bag for her car.

I know the Wilderness SafePacker is out there, too. If I got her one of those, I'd probably want it, so it could ride on the "belt" of my Kilimanjaro riding jacket. Maybe we'll have to save our pennies for two...
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

I have found that looking for a good leather bag that I can easily carry in is not so hard if you really look around. My best find was at a small boutique store that had a mid-size shoulder/back pack purse with a compartment for a day planner. Works great for my Mauser or the Colt Detective without having my wallet bumping into the gun. No one is the wiser and it carries in the front of my shoulder. You just have to hunt with your gun in mind.

I used to have a lady that custom made all my CC purses but she got out of the business. I am currently working with another local designer to handle custom orders, will share any developments on that, she's sewing as we speak.
    In the interim, I am using the Blackhawk Tactical Handbag. The best price I found was on Amazon.com through Cat5 Commerce. I bought the green but they also have Tan & Black. It's awesome, and I can access my S&W without opening the cover. Plenty of room as I pack as if I won't make it back, even on a grocery run!

Amazon.com: Blackhawk Tactical Handbag: Sports & Outdoors
    Crystal D Mann CAGA http://www.ccwofnc.com
    NC CCW, NRA Basic Pistol & Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor
    Certified Arsenal Appraisals & $20 NC FFL Transfer Services too!

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    I ONLY purchase conceal carry purses that have a strap long enough to carry cross body. That greatly reduces the threat of someone "snatching" my purse with the loaded gun inside.
    WOW Wife & Mom, all that and brains too! I often wondered about purse carry. (for the women, not me). Since a ladies purse if often a target I wonder about not only your money, your identity but your loaded gun at risk. So I am not convinced that that type of carry is best, though it is convenient and very concealed. Seems the best way to do this is the way you do in with the long strap. Just keep it on the sidewalk side not the street side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast