New Gun for wife any thoughts - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gun for wife any thoughts

1. thanks for all the great info!
    "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    I bought my wife a Bersa 380 and bought myself a sig 232 Stainless and I love it. When we would go the range she would complain about the strength she needed in pulling back the slide, her hand are small and had difficulty. I ended up buying her a 38 + P S&W now she carries all the time. I switch between a 229 40 cal. And the 232 depending how I dress. Have her hold some in her hand and what feels right for her.
    Like your wife, wood, I have small hands and also had trouble racking the slide...until I learned to hold the slide steady and PUSH THE GUN FORWARD. Wow, what a difference!

abush, I recently acquired a KelTec P3AT .380 semi-auto that I love. It's so small that I can CC in a jeans pocket or in ANY purse with a separate front compartment. I always purchase a CC purse with a long enough strap to carry cross body, greatly reducing the chance of it being "snatched".
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

4. check out the Kahr PM9. I traded my sig p238 for a PM9 and am glad I did. same size, but it's a 9mm. not as pretty as the sig, but not many are. ammo is cheaper and the recoil is ~ the same. Not a handful at all. I liked my PM9 so much that I got a CW9 and then a CW45. Next on the wish list is the PM45. All 3 have run like a top right out of the box.

My wife just picked up another CZ75 this time a P01 she is 4'10 120lbs. We took it to the range last night and at 7', 21', 50', they were all in the 8-10 rings. Either she is an exceptional shot (which she is) or the pistol is just that good (which it is). I wish all pistols were made this well. By the way she gave up the Smith and Wesson M&P9 to get it, and doesn't regret the loss at all.

When my wife decided she was ready to CC she decided she liked my back up gun.

S&W 649. Accurate, ultra reliable & very low recoil when loaded with Glaser Blue Tips. The Glaser's turn the 38 into a real man-stopper.

I've gotta say the 709slim is a good weapon! Being female this is one I really like! Not much kick at all. Can easyly after a while fire it single handed,after getting use to it ,its really fun to shoot! Ammo not a issue to get! Easy to carry ,not heavy,conceals well! I'm a small female & it fits my little hands quite well! It racks really easy also! For a frist gun I think she'd like it!
    We have 2 of the 709Slim's, & we've not had any issues at all ! We also have 2 of Taurus 738TCP another sweet little weapon no issues with them either!
    Good luck on your search!

Quote Originally Posted by jibbster View Post
    I bought the wife a Bersa .380 and will never purchase one again..constant problems with it.... then I bought her a Taurus PT111 (Millenium Pro 9mm) and she really likes it. HOWEVER, she now reallllly likes my Sig P225, so that will be my next purchase

I guess what I am saying is don't be surprised if she switches guns as often as she does purses,until she settles in to one she really likes.

How hard is it to find a 225.? I bought one around 1990 and still have it. I thought though that Sig was no longer producing the 225. It is a fine gun but for some women depending on how they dress it may be a little big and hard to conceal.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    How hard is it to find a 225.? I bought one around 1990 and still have it. I thought though that Sig was no longer producing the 225. It is a fine gun but for some women depending on how they dress it may be a little big and hard to conceal.
    HK, you are right..they aren't available in large numbers, but I do still see them on some of the online auction sites...the P6's are also out there (German/European model of the P225). If you keep your eyes out, you can still find older Sigs popping up on the auction sites..I just picked up a P228 a few months ago, and that one took me about 8 months of patiently (ok, kinda patient) surfing my favorite gun auction sites. If you still have your P225, you should hang on to it... The prices seem to have gone up the last year or so,,not sure if its the fear of future gun laws, or the rise in concealed carry that has driven the price up.

I tried to get a new gun for my wife but no one would take her in trade

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    I tried to get a new gun for my wife but no one would take her in trade

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast