Female Pistol Instructors needed! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Female Pistol Instructors needed!

Just Finished the Training!

I just got home from my Basic Pistol Instructor Training course... I was able to get my husband to enroll at the last minute since we sold his old car and had the cash.

I was a little dissapointed at how disorganized the training counselors were, but I got a lot of good info and I feel confident that I can successfully teach the class.

It looks like the hardest part is going to be recruiting the students. The first year will be most expensive with some of the props & equipment I'll want, but I think I will enjoy this and want to continue on getting other ratings.
    Fondis

Blog Entries
    Great to hear you did the class!!! I am sorry to learn that the TC was disorganized though. From my point of view, this is actually an easy task - when done right.

As for getting the students, it may be easier than you think. The NRA's instructor website is a great tool, use your contacts at the local gun clubs, use a web site, post on the local forums, get in tight with the local PD and licensing authorities, much much more.

You don't have to start off immediately with a ton of props and stuff (but it is cool to have lots of extra toys!) just look to get the basics and get comfortable with that. What I did is figure if everything crapped out on me - powerpoint, computer, even electricity - then how can I do the class? Work on the basics until you are good, then step up a little more and then more until you have it where you want it. It will be easier that way as opposed to running with all the goodies and getting yourself confused.

I'll toss my 2 cents in when you need. PM me and I'll get you my contact info so that if you ever have a question or need anything, You can reach me if you'd like.

Congratulations!!!!!!
    Dave
    Founder,
    Rochester Personal Defense
    www.safeinrochester.com

Blog Entries
    Oh. Fondis:

You can do better than Front Sight. I, for one, would avoid them. PM me and I can explain.
    Dave
    Founder,
    Rochester Personal Defense
    www.safeinrochester.com

Shake n bake

I HOPE I AM NOT OUT OF LINE HERE BUT,,,i was in a local gun shop the other day,,,lol,,, just looking,but i noticed a woman at the counter shaking this hand gun,, the man waiting on her had a wtf look on his face like what are you doing??the lady replayed,,,I'M CHECKING TO SEE IF ITS LOADED!!!!!the man COM LY explained its not a bb gun,,,,to make a long story short he sold her that gun + 2 boxes of shells,, there are people out there need some training,,and the guy that sold that gun SHOULD of knew better but it was a sale even though the new way to check a loaded pistol was a indication that a safety course was needed,,,,things like this worry me,, if shy kills some one there is another -on hand guns,hope her husband knows a little more!!!I HOPE I'M NOT OUT OF LINE ON THIS,,,

Quote Originally Posted by squirel444 View Post
    I HOPE I AM NOT OUT OF LINE HERE BUT,,,i was in a local gun shop the other day,,,lol,,, just looking,but i noticed a woman at the counter shaking this hand gun,, the man waiting on her had a wtf look on his face like what are you doing??the lady replayed,,,I'M CHECKING TO SEE IF ITS LOADED!!!!!the man COM LY explained its not a bb gun,,,,to make a long story short he sold her that gun + 2 boxes of shells,, there are people out there need some training,,and the guy that sold that gun SHOULD of knew better but it was a sale even though the new way to check a loaded pistol was a indication that a safety course was needed,,,,things like this worry me,, if shy kills some one there is another -on hand guns,hope her husband knows a little more!!!I HOPE I'M NOT OUT OF LINE ON THIS,,,
    No your not out of line at all, my permit instructor, who is a very long time instructor, and a dep sherriff, and operates a gun shop, was telling me a women came into his shop sometime back and said she wanted to buy a gun, he said ok what did you have in mind revolver, semi auto, caliber ? she says WHAT, like he was talking greek to her, he did sell her a gun, a smith snubby, can't get much more strait forward than that, and also told her it would be best if she took a handgun course before she went shooting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12