Introduction - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Introduction

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Missouri Blue Springs
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe.Berg View Post
    I'm 24, married, 2 kids and one on the way born and raised in Oklahoma living in NC. Husband is deployed to Iraq and My house got shot last night. Literally - a bullet came through my sons window (3feet from where he sleeps) went through the wall into another room and the cops didn't arrest any one. ANY advice other than to MOVE... If I could just walk away from my mortgage I would.. Not an option though
    Security cameras are not cheap but are a great idea if you have to stay there. I would imagine it was a random drive by and your house got in the way, but if there were more lights around they might not be as quick to shoot. Call the city and request more lights, call the power company and request some more light. We used to live in the country and for a monthly fee you could get dusk to dawn light poles installed from the power company, that is if the city will not install some more. If you get the neighbors together you might be able to split the cost of the light pole. I mean getting room darkening shades VS safety, go with the shades.

    I am hoping you carry all the time. I have an elastic belt and I wear it with my 45 and holster all day every day. The only time I take it off is for sleep and shower. I want one of those things that go on the bed so you can reach your gun without laying it out in the open for someone to grab. I hope you have some kind of Dog for an alarm. Even a tiny dog can wake you up when they hear something. Never rely completely on an alarm, your little dog will warn you if the alarm fails or is not turned on.

    If you are in an area where shooting can happen then someone can bust down your door in broad daylight. If your gun is on the counter, in the bedroom, wherever, it is not going to protect you and or your kids. If it is on your hip you have a chance.

    My husband laughs @ me for wearing my gun in the house. I never want to have to use it, in fact I feel pretty safe in this neighborhood, but a couple of houses have been broken into, and one while the people were asleep. (NO DOG) They just robbed them and never woke them, but still it is creepy. The other neighbor had dogs and told them to shut up, then heard a noise and caught the kid in his house and ran the teens out, he had his gun put away and did not bring it to bear. Now he keeps his gun with him. I want to take some self defense classes, and you should too. You are protecting your kids here mother bear.. If you are always wearing your gun then you do not have to worry about your kids getting a hold of it. How can they when it is on you.

    Take many steps and maybe look into a private security place to do a free estimate. They can help you get window covers, that you can get out of. They can help you with lighting etc. Nothing can prevent that stray bullet, but if you live in that type of neighborhood then you have more to worry about than just stray bullets. even if they tear down the house, or the city does something about it, the kids still live in the neighborhood and will start robbing people for money to supply their party needs. Good window covers lights and cameras, even fake cameras can make them look elsewhere. They look for the easiest mark, do not be an easy mark. Fenced in back yards are easy marks. Those tall fences hide them from neighbors and they can take their time getting into your house. Chain link fence for you dog is ok cause neighbors can see in. We live on a corner lot and when someone walks into our back yard security lights come on. Not very inviting to the BG's.

    Oh ANOTHER good point is when someone gets in the first thing they get is your wallet, purse money clip etc. Because you take it off and lay it by the door or on the kitchen counter or table, out in the open. I put mine in a drawer in the bedroom so they will have to look for it. Don keeps his wallet in a drawer now too.
    CrowSnake
    CCW Holder Mo. - NRA - USCCA - HOG
    .45 Taurus Millennium Pro PT 145 - Ruger LCP .380

  2.   
  3. #22
    Just joined so I figured I'd introduce myself here. :) I'm 21 with an amazing husband and son and new to guns and concealed carry. I have a "pink lady" .38spl that I love (hey, my hair, cellphone, and many clothes are pink, why wouldn't I want a pink gun?). I've been to the range a few times now and am taking my CCW class this weekend. So excited!

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Missouri Blue Springs
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by buenafortuna View Post
    Just joined so I figured I'd introduce myself here. :) I'm 21 with an amazing husband and son and new to guns and concealed carry. I have a "pink lady" .38spl that I love (hey, my hair, cellphone, and many clothes are pink, why wouldn't I want a pink gun?). I've been to the range a few times now and am taking my CCW class this weekend. So excited!
    Welcome woman. I looked @ the pink lady cause I origanally wanted a revolver. But I got an Kel=Tec P11 cause my husband wanted me to get a 9mm auto. I did not like it, and got a Ruger LCP. 380. It is a great summer carry gun, but with winter coming on I did my research and got a Taurus PT145. Which I love, if it were not for some Magazine issues. (it only holds 7+1 rounds instead of the 10 it is suppose to hold cause of a failure to load issue if you fill the magazine)

    The pink lady is big enough for both summer and winter being a .38. Plus it is easy to feel safe with a revolver. It takes a while to learn to trust a semi auto. It is a mental thing but it does. I am a 45 year old woman but I just got my CCW last spring, cause we moved to Missouri from Illinois.

    I carry all the time everywhere. The thing with carry is this.. Murphy's law rules. If you carry 364 days a year, the one day you do not carry is the day you need it. If you carry 22 hours a day the 2 hours you leave your gun lay in the bedroom while you vacuum is the 2 hours when someone breaks into your house and gets between you and your gun. People may say you are paranoid, but really what have you got to be paranoid about you have a gun.. You are ready. If you are going to be ready you need to be always ready with the hope that you will never actually need it.

    I have felt my attitude change over the time I have been carrying. You slowly become more alert, you slowly get the cop attitude, you watch were you set in a restaurant. You watch ppl, you see strange things at a glance. It is amazing how you change slowly just because you carry a gun. Live Learn and enjoy the changes. Watch for the changes as they sneak up on you.. LOL.
    CrowSnake
    CCW Holder Mo. - NRA - USCCA - HOG
    .45 Taurus Millennium Pro PT 145 - Ruger LCP .380

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by crowsnake View Post
    Welcome woman. I looked @ the pink lady cause I origanally wanted a revolver. But I got an Kel=Tec P11 cause my husband wanted me to get a 9mm auto. I did not like it, and got a Ruger LCP. 380. It is a great summer carry gun, but with winter coming on I did my research and got a Taurus PT145. Which I love, if it were not for some Magazine issues. (it only holds 7+1 rounds instead of the 10 it is suppose to hold cause of a failure to load issue if you fill the magazine)

    The pink lady is big enough for both summer and winter being a .38. Plus it is easy to feel safe with a revolver. It takes a while to learn to trust a semi auto. It is a mental thing but it does. I am a 45 year old woman but I just got my CCW last spring, cause we moved to Missouri from Illinois.

    I carry all the time everywhere. The thing with carry is this.. Murphy's law rules. If you carry 364 days a year, the one day you do not carry is the day you need it. If you carry 22 hours a day the 2 hours you leave your gun lay in the bedroom while you vacuum is the 2 hours when someone breaks into your house and gets between you and your gun. People may say you are paranoid, but really what have you got to be paranoid about you have a gun.. You are ready. If you are going to be ready you need to be always ready with the hope that you will never actually need it.

    I have felt my attitude change over the time I have been carrying. You slowly become more alert, you slowly get the cop attitude, you watch were you set in a restaurant. You watch ppl, you see strange things at a glance. It is amazing how you change slowly just because you carry a gun. Live Learn and enjoy the changes. Watch for the changes as they sneak up on you.. LOL.

    Thank you! I've definitely already noticed that I am becoming more aware of my surroundings, which is so important anyway especially toting a toddler around. :)

    My husband has the PT145 and loves it as well. Although he hasn't had the same loading problems as you? I know he REALLY had to apply some force to load all 10 up the first couple times... do you have any more information about this? Thank you!!

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Central NC
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by buenafortuna View Post
    Just joined so I figured I'd introduce myself here. :) I'm 21 with an amazing husband and son and new to guns and concealed carry. I have a "pink lady" .38spl that I love (hey, my hair, cellphone, and many clothes are pink, why wouldn't I want a pink gun?). I've been to the range a few times now and am taking my CCW class this weekend. So excited!
    Welcome welcome! We are glad to have you!
    Glad to see Moms packing some heat in the diaper bags! I've been a concealed & open carrier since 1997 myself. I'm an Instructor for a little over a year now. I hear a lotta Moms during training say: "I'd die for my babies"...I stress to them that I too would "die for my babies as a LAST resort to save their lives, but I'll use justified deadly force to save their lives or prevent their rape FIRST"...
    Crystal D Mann CAGA http://www.ccwofnc.com
    NC CCW, NRA Basic Pistol & Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor
    Certified Arsenal Appraisals & $20 NC FFL Transfer Services too!

  7. #26

    Also new here.

    I'm new here too. 25 years old, mother of 2, live in the Freedom state of NH. I just started carrying (concealed and open) when I bought my first pistol after my divorce. I own a Ruger LCP .380 and looking into getting the Ruger SR9 next.

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by LilRedMeanie View Post
    I'm new here too. 25 years old, mother of 2, live in the Freedom state of NH. I just started carrying (concealed and open) when I bought my first pistol after my divorce. I own a Ruger LCP .380 and looking into getting the Ruger SR9 next.
    How do you like the LCP? I'm interested in buying it next.

  9. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by buenafortuna View Post
    How do you like the LCP? I'm interested in buying it next.

    LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!

  10. Quote Originally Posted by LilRedMeanie View Post
    LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!

    Awesome. :) I'm reaaallly leaning toward it but a couple guys at the shop mentioned the kick is near violent because it's such a lightweight gun. Has this been a problem for you? I have a small .38 and the kick to me is pretty snappy, but manageable. But I don't want anything that kicks more than that.

  11. New Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by CCgal View Post
    Helo! I am CCgal I reside in the wonderful & beautiful state of New Mexico, bar none! People here are cordial & the weather is just right. Ya'll take care, now.


    Hey welcome aboard; I lived in N.M. for about 30 years, love it, I like the heat & Beautiful scenery, have family in Raton///

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Introduction
    By Captain38 in forum Kentucky Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 08:22 AM
  2. I can't find the introductions forum
    By birdog4549 in forum Letters to the Editor (NON-USACarry.com)
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 11-28-2010, 01:53 PM
  3. Introduction Forum
    By MaBarker8 in forum Women & Guns
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-30-2010, 08:24 PM
  4. My introduction, along with a few questions.
    By Aresye in forum Concealed Carry Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 06:42 PM
  5. Bad time at the Arch in St. Louis Non ccw
    By abock33 in forum LEO Encounters
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 10:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast