Introduction - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Introduction

Quote Originally Posted by LilRedMeanie View Post
    I'm new here too. 25 years old, mother of 2, live in the Freedom state of NH. I just started carrying (concealed and open) when I bought my first pistol after my divorce. I own a Ruger LCP .380 and looking into getting the Ruger SR9 next.
    Welcome friend! Glade that you took my invite and come over to this forum. Cant wait to meet up sometime this summer.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Hi all! I'm new here. I live in Texas, have my CHL and currently carry a Kel-Tec P-3AT in a Pager Pal holster. I'm looking into getting a new gun with a bit more firepower. I'm really not sure what I want yet. I'm looking at the XDM compact 9mm. They are about to relocate my office to a not so nice part of town and I think I'd feel better if I upgrade.

Welcome CCgal! I reside in Phoenix Arizona, and I too love the desert country! I carry my Sig Sauer P229 for protection!

Dear Txgirl, Buying a firearm is much the same as buying an automobile. Not everyone wants a minivan or a pickuptruck, a sportscar or a sedan. In other words different strokes for different folks. The questions you should ask yourself is what is your intended purpose which you have expressed as self defense? What size comfortably fits your hands? Since it is for self defense, you want a caliber with stopping power, that you can comfortably shoot and handle. What size of frame do you want? Do you want a full size, compact or sub-compact. What features do you want on your gun, such as a safety, decocking lever, night sights etc. The best thing to do is to go down to a gun store where you can rent different guns and try different calibers out on there gun range, and as well get a good idea about what feels the best in your hands and which gun you feel the most comfortable shooting. Talk to the salesperson and tell them about your self defense purpose and have them show you their recomendations. Pretty soon you will begin to narrow down your choices and find something that works just right for you. Best wishes on your gun shopping!

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGirl View Post
    Hi all! I'm new here. I live in Texas, have my CHL and currently carry a Kel-Tec P-3AT in a Pager Pal holster. I'm looking into getting a new gun with a bit more firepower. I'm really not sure what I want yet. I'm looking at the XDM compact 9mm. They are about to relocate my office to a not so nice part of town and I think I'd feel better if I upgrade.
    Well, you will have to upgrade to the 9x19 for hip carry, and pack the .380 in a pocket holster as a backup!

How about a Glock 27?

8. Quote Originally Posted by CCgal View Post
    Helo! I am CCgal I reside in the wonderful & beautiful state of New Mexico, bar none! People here are cordial & the weather is just right. Ya'll take care, now.

Hey welcome CCgal;; I lived in Raton for 8 years & before that I lived in Playas for 23 years which is south of Lordsburg. I agree, loved the weather, the desert everything about it.I live in Wa. state now, the rain gets old but you gotta adapt. Hope you find this forum useful,,,,WELCOME

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234