Helping a female coworker... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helping a female coworker...

I agree that a male counseling a female coworker in most cases is not a good idea. However I do think we are getting away from the original thought of the thread that festus posed. Should he agree to teach her to shoot, to defend herself. That is the question. Again I might be willing to do that but I would not only clear it with my wife first but I would require that she be with me for any sessions. No private one on one with a female coworker. That way no accusations of any improprieties could ever be raised by any third party or the coworkers.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Tough situation, but not worth endangering your marriage.
    Curt Lovelace
    Bible believing, gun toting pastor
    Acton, Maine

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    I am reminded of a BUSINESS PRINCIPLE about someone asking for help with a problem.

" I will be glad to give you my advice on solving your problem, as long as you remember it's YOUR problem. If at any time, you try to hand me your problem and entangle me with it, my help will stop at once."

She has a domestic problem, and some angry baggage that goes with it. I would listen to her problem and give her assistance on where to go for possible solutions, but I would NOT get involved beyond that. That's not being callous. It's being smart. You have no allegiance to her for any reason, and you didn't do anything to cause her the problem, so you have no reason to get into the middle of it.

What if her family and EX happen to think you're a meddling takeover type of guy, and you are teaching her to shoot them? They could very easily attack you and cause you a lot of harm. This isn't the time or situation to start playing Cowboy, and rescue the damsel in distress. YOUR damsel is the one you need to protect! Let the other one take care of herself, or find someone else to take care of her. That's what bodyguards do. She can hire one if necessary.

p.s.: You can tell your wife that a simple "thank you" from her is payment enough for me. LOL!!
    Yes, I have to go with Gov5 on this one.

Exclamation i PASSED ALONG THE SHOOTING INFORMATION...

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    Yes, I have to go with Gov5 on this one.
    i passed along the shooting instructor info that Wolfhunter suggested. It will do the trick and allow me to be a nice guy with out getting mixed up in somebody elses business. The last thing I ever want to do is jeopardize my marriage of 21 plus years. I have a great wife who puts up with alot. Look who she is married to!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Festus,
    I salute you! You had some difficult decisions to make, to ensure that a coworker was taken care of yet make sure that all stayed above board, both in relality and in perception. It sounds like you did a great job.
    Fondis

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    i passed along the shooting instructor info that Wolfhunter suggested. It will do the trick and allow me to be a nice guy with out getting mixed up in somebody elses business. The last thing I ever want to do is jeopardize my marriage of 21 plus years. I have a great wife who puts up with alot. Look who she is married to!
    FESTUS, you ain't as dumb as you look! LOL!!!

Hey, good going man!! You're a smart guy.
    Last edited by GOV5; 07-09-2010 at 07:05 AM. Reason: grammar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12