Does your girlfriend/wife have her permit - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Does your girlfriend/wife have her permit

1. My wife obtained her permit a few years ago after an incident. She was familiar with firearms, but did not see a reason to carry. Her eyes are wide open now.

It was tough to find a gun for her due the fact that her hands are so tiny. She tried and rejected so many guns that I became desperate.

My wife finally chose a S&W J-frame, then added a G26 and an LCP to her collection. At time she carries a 1911 or Beretta 92, but mostly either the 442 or G26 and the LCP as a BUG.

My wife got her CC permit a year ago. She liked her Beretta 9000S, but has trouble racking it. It now is her "home gun". She carries a S&W Lady Smith now and is uncannily accurate wtih it. (We take a trip to the range every month.)

Guess she can "watch my six" any time!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

4. No

I suggested she get a permit and carry…still she remains unarmed. She even is frightened of my carry around the grandchildren. On the other hand she says she feels safer when I am home.

I learned a long time ago, pursuasion often takes a lot of time and usually takes an incident to cause a behavioral change.

does your wife carry

Yes

She is also an NRA instructor and so is my oldest daughter.

I bought her a glock 17 and a smith modek 642.

She carries when traveling or going into a bad part of town.

The oldest daughter carries a smith model 642.

My youngest daughter carrys a Beretta 9mm because that is what her agency issues.

Pat Olvey
    email [email protected]

To my frustration she does not. She firmly believes in "positive energy" and that she won't need to have a gun. She's not a kook otherwise just a bit off the target on that one subject. She is actually not that wrong on the fact that some of use that walk around with a 1911 on each hip, 2 back up guns, a baton, 3 knifes and a brick on a string might be attracting problems to some degree ...

7. When I met my fiancee she owned four handguns, I talked her into a forth, and she took the CCW class last week. She's eager to get her permit. I already have one and carry during the weekends, as where I work (.mil) won't allow firearms. Her carry gun will probably be an SR9c, although she does have a Pink Lady, too.

Jim

Taking my wife out to an outdoor range tomorrow, her request. She's finally showing more interest. Will be covering 3/5/7 Yrd shoots as well as reloading and stance.

Plant a seed, nurture it, take some time, keep it nurtured. Sooner or later it'll bloom
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

9. My wife has hers.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Taking my wife out to an outdoor range tomorrow, her request. She's finally showing more interest. Will be covering 3/5/7 Yrd shoots as well as reloading and stance.

Plant a seed, nurture it, take some time, keep it nurtured. Sooner or later it'll bloom
    Just got back and had a blast. I had to lighten the 357 to .38 specl which meant she was hitting DCM at the 7 yd line. Pretty dam good considering she hasn't shot much. She even handled my 1911 good but was more accurate with the wheel gun. Gotta Lov it when the spouse enjoys busting caps as well. Even ran into some 9/12'ers from our group.
    I feel more at ease now if she needs to protect herself if I'm not around.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

On My Own

It was my idea to get the permit after I recently received a S&W Bodyguard 38 sp. for a V-day gift from my husband.

I've been shooting since I was a teenager, but never carried, there wasn't a need. until recently. And I wish to carry legally.
    I'll be more than happy to respectfully carry both permit and gun.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast