Ladies, How Do You Carry? - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies, How Do You Carry?

1. I carry my S&W 642 Airweight Talo

in my waistband. I carry ALL OF THE TIME. Don't you?

I use a tan leather IWB (inside waist band) holster made by DeSantis.

I'm very partial to this holster because this is what I sell in my business and is what I recommend to my customers as well.

I've not seen it mentioned yet here but Kathy Jackson's website, The Cornered Cat http://www.corneredcat.com/TOC.aspx is a site by a woman for women who are carrying or thinking of carrying a gun. The site has advice on choosing a gun, choosing holsters, clothing styles and choices for carrying, and more. I've long recommended Cornered Cat to women who were beginning shooters in CCW classes. I think highly enough of it that I bought the book for my daughter for Christmas.

I carry a Glock 27 in a Serpa level II paddle holster and a Ruger LCP in a Ruger (Fobus) paddle holster. Tried a fanny pack years ago and just couldn't access my weapon fast enough. Drawing from a holster is the only way for me now.

Quote Originally Posted by jlstanley View Post
    Tried a fanny pack years ago and just couldn't access my weapon fast enough. Drawing from a holster is the only way for me now.
    Which fanny pack or packs did you try?

I don't recall the manufacturers but I had trouble with the zippers and just couldn't draw to my satisfaction. Now I love carrying with a paddle holster.

So then you tried more than one design?

I did try 2 fannie packs but just didn't like them.

I use Thunderwear or a my Safepacker which I love. I am 5'2" and carry a G23 that I found living in FL not easy to carry in shorts or sundress. With the safepacker I can use it with a belt or cross body with a strap.
    Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it Prov 22:16 NKJV

Many of the carry purses are quite stylish. Mine, made by Gun totn Mama, has a velco in holster and a metal reinforced strap, easy to carry a 3" barrell Kimber 1911.

I don't have my CCW yet, getting the paperwork done. I am thinking a Crossbreed IWB for my S&W MP 9c. I am 5'4" 105lb. I wondered if I would have trouble concealing. Oh also a leftie so I'll have to figure out a good carry position.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast