Ladies, How Do You Carry? - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Ladies, How Do You Carry?

1. I wear a glock 19 with a cheapie OWB at about 2:30 right now. However, I sometimes wear sweatpants that require a different setup so I'm thinking about checking out the IWB smartcarry.

Holster Site

I bought my holster from a place in Florida. They make their own holsters and have a special ladies holster section on the site. It is called, what else? The Holster Store and can be viewed at what else? THE HOLSTER STORE | Quality American Holsters, Custom Leather Holsters, Holsters Online. Great prices, fast delivery, made in USA.

Many interesting thoughts. I am solid on the crossbreed. Awesome!

5. Still working on this one....I have a few holsters right now. So far, I like my Remora best. But as ladies, we need multiple options and I am trying to find different ways to carry for different situations. My current challenge is trying to figure out how to carry while I run. I wear tight fitting clothes and it is presenting a challenge. Considering a pack.

Quote Originally Posted by sriddle13 View Post
    Still working on this one....I have a few holsters right now. So far, I like my Remora best. But as ladies, we need multiple options and I am trying to find different ways to carry for different situations. My current challenge is trying to figure out how to carry while I run. I wear tight fitting clothes and it is presenting a challenge. Considering a pack.
    If you are talking about tight fitting sports wear with no pockets then a fanny/belly pack is probably you're only good alternative. Concealment isn't the only problem here, you don't want the thing bouncing out onto the ground while you're running either. That will require something with some really good retention.
    All The Best
    Gunz

7. I carry a Sig P238 in a MicroClip Crossbreed at about 5 o'clock. It is so comfortable with the right pair of jeans that I usually dont feel it at all. I use a heavy leather belt with it as well. I have never been comfortable carrying in a purse because if someone steals your purse, they also have your gun, leaving you defenseless. BTW I was one that didnt like guns, I had a fear of them from a childhood experience. But with my husbands persistance and understanding I came to the conclusion that I was better off becoming comfortable and protecting myself and kids...it took a while but I feel naked without my gun now.

Blog Entries
    I have three guns, a Ruger LCR revolver in a IWB Crossbreed, A S&W M&P 9 compact in a IWB Whitehat and a LCP in a IWB holster. I carry all of them just in front of my hip and adjust it low so it conceals better with a cant down. I have trimed the bottom of the leather so it doesn't cut when sitting and they are pretty comfortable.
    Due to the price increase on ammo do not expect a warning shot.

Quote Originally Posted by cmollohan View Post
    I carry a Sig P238 in a MicroClip Crossbreed at about 5 o'clock. It is so comfortable with the right pair of jeans that I usually dont feel it at all. I use a heavy leather belt with it as well. I have never been comfortable carrying in a purse because if someone steals your purse, they also have your gun, leaving you defenseless. BTW I was one that didnt like guns, I had a fear of them from a childhood experience. But with my husbands persistance and understanding I came to the conclusion that I was better off becoming comfortable and protecting myself and kids...it took a while but I feel naked without my gun now.
    It takes a lot of guts to overcome those old fears. Good job to hubby and congratulations to you.
    All The Best
    Gunz

Quote Originally Posted by Yrose View Post
    I need to buy an actual gun purse for the occasional time I store it there. I don't care to do that often, because I've been known to leave it unattended. I want to try a Crossbreed or Galco supertuck. I just hate to spend the money on something and then not like it. That's why I'm looking at those two, because of the great reviews.
    I've bought 3 concealed carry purses and really don't care too much for any of them. Then I bought a pocket holster for my Ruger LCP. It's great. I can always carry in a purse if I need to, but like you mentioned, I'm afraid of leaving it somewhere. I do that fairly regularly. Plus, it might not be right in my hand if I need it.
    Something else I'll mention that my CC instructor recommended is the new "Flash Bang" holster. I think that's what it was called. It fastens to a bra and his wife swears by hers. That's her holster of choice now.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast