Ladies, How Do You Carry?
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies, How Do You Carry?

Ladies, How Do You Carry?

I really want to hear from the ladies. How do you carry and in what product (ie supertuck, galco purse). There is a thread in the concealed carry section about this, but found only men really answering this.

I currently carry IWB a Bersa 380 in an Ace suede holster around 4 or 5 o'clock on a good nylon belt. I am a BBW and do find this fairly comfortable most of the time. Sometimes it digs in when sitting. Occasionally I'll put it in my purse, but really don't like to. Too worried about leaving my purse or some one stealing it. I would like to have a pocket carry prefer a Sig p238, but might have to settle on a Ruger LCP

I'm hoping Texas will change the law for the option of open carry. If so I will carry OWB but with a shirt. Don't really want it to show all the time. But it would be nice to not have to worry about if it flashes some one. I would also switch to my Beretta 92.

Just trying to find the most comfortable for me

I'll answer for my wife. She uses a crossbreed supertuck and has found it quite comfortable with her Glock 19.

I'll answer for my daughter -- she carries a Kel-Tec P11 in a Kholster in a SOB (actually just slightly right of center.)

How do you carry [ladies]?

I carry IWB--it conceals better for me since I am often moving about and lifting/reaching for things.

I carry a Kahr MK9 in a custom holster from UBG Holsters in the 2 o'clock position pretty much daily.

I will occasionally carry my H&K USP compact in a custom UBG Holster in the 5 o'clock position. It is simply a bigger grip and harder to conceal.

Open carry at home: either gun will ride OWB at the 3 o'clock position in either a Serpa or a Fobus--both are great for speed and retention, although the Serpa you have to actively hit the release lever (not a hard thing since your index finger should be in the correct position anyway....)

Good luck--I know it takes a while and a lot of experimentation to find the right fit of gun AND holster ...

new purse

Hi, I wanted to comment on how you carry, I always was afraid as a mother and grandmother to carry a gun in my purse, or on me for that matter, but I was afraid to be without it, at night shopping or traveling. I recently bought a purse from this site it is "MyGunPurses.com" I absolutely love it, it has a hidden compartment in the center, you can actually lock it with a little key. It is wonderful, I will never carry the old way again. Now, I can carry without worrying about my grandson who is 5 getting in my purse or accidently dropping it when getting in my purse. It has a holster built in. Ladies you really need to try these. Thanks for letting me share.

Quote Originally Posted by mollie55 View Post
    Hi, I wanted to comment on how you carry, I always was afraid as a mother and grandmother to carry a gun in my purse, or on me for that matter, but I was afraid to be without it, at night shopping or traveling. I recently bought a purse from this site it is "MyGunPurses.com" I absolutely love it, it has a hidden compartment in the center, you can actually lock it with a little key. It is wonderful, I will never carry the old way again. Now, I can carry without worrying about my grandson who is 5 getting in my purse or accidently dropping it when getting in my purse. It has a holster built in. Ladies you really need to try these. Thanks for letting me share.
    I got my wife a gun purse from my local gun shop it's made by gun toten mamas and she loves it. It has a steel cable down the middle of the shoulder strap to keep it from being cut off you.

GTM-14 Concealed Carry Urban Shoulder Bag GTM014

That's the one I got her but they have all sizes and colors. You should check them out.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

I need to buy an actual gun purse for the occasional time I store it there. I don't care to do that often, because I've been known to leave it unattended. I want to try a Crossbreed or Galco supertuck. I just hate to spend the money on something and then not like it. That's why I'm looking at those two, because of the great reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Yrose View Post
    I need to buy an actual gun purse for the occasional time I store it there. I don't care to do that often, because I've been known to leave it unattended. I want to try a Crossbreed or Galco supertuck. I just hate to spend the money on something and then not like it. That's why I'm looking at those two, because of the great reviews.
    Research Comp-tac holsters they have two outstanding holsters(MTAC and the CTAC). Also check out UBG holsters he makes outstanding handmade leather holsters. The bersa 380 is a outstanding firearm I picked one up for my wife (two tone) with crimson trace grips. She did not really care for it so we sold it. This time I let her pick the firearm and she picked the Ruger SR9C.

10. How do I carry?

Who can access a weapon from their " pocketbook" ?? if it's not strapped to your body what's the point? I just wish I was taller so I could carry bigger. Discretion rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
    Who can access a weapon from their " pocketbook" ?? if it's not strapped to your body what's the point? I just wish I was taller so I could carry bigger. Discretion rules.
    Lots of women and even men carry firearms like that. Some people just don't want to carry a firearm on their body. I have a Maxexpedition jumbo edc bag that has a ccw compartment. But I like to have my firearm on my body or locked in the safe. When I first talked my wife into getting her permit and carrying. She did not want to carry it on her so we got her a gun purse. To me having her armed was all that mattered at the time. Now she is ready to carry in a IWB holster on her body. Some people just need time to work up to it. Still others will never feel ok about carrying on their body.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast