What do you fear the most? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you fear the most?

I am concerned that a federal government big enough to give me everything is big enough to take everything away.

I am concerned my children and my children's children will not grow up in an America that affords them the same liberties it did me.

I am concerned the Republicans will screw the proverbial pooch with compromise and political correctness.

I am concerned radical Islam will spread across Europe like a modern plague of fascist Thought Police.

I am concerned my .45 won't be big enough.

But, I fear nothing. For, the Lord is with me. And, if the Lord is with me, whom then shall I fear?
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.357Sig View Post
    But, I fear nothing. For, the Lord is with me. And, if the Lord is with me, whom then shall I fear?
    Can't argue that.

However a monkey wearing long johns would get my attention
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Home invasion means having to say you are sorry to my two attack dogs first and to my shotgun second.

Someone attacking my daughter. I'm always doing all that I can afford to train. Really wish she would get her license and carry. I would have to put a safe in her car though. She's still in college.

I am not scared of anything -- I have kids. And they trained me well when they started driving at age 18 shivering in my boots and shaking in my seat while they practice driving me somewhere or to the supermarket nearby. I can say I am a pretty well-trained Mom. If I had managed to stay and looked cool under those circumstances of bringing up my children to this world, I can be pretty cool and composed when a person in front of me wanted to do me and mine harm. I practice drawing at least an hour a day everyday that I cannot go to the range. Besides, before anyone can touch me, they will have to kill my 125.5 rottie first. Touch wood, hopefully I do not have to use my gun.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

7. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I fear that my wife will do the math and figure out how much we have in the gun safe.

Seriously, the most likely scenario I face (IMO) is a home invasion so I focuse on making it hard to get into the house.
    You have it right my friend . I live in a supposed good neighborhood and they (druggies are across the street ( I can see them perfectly ) . Keep lots of high caliber ammo ! God Bless, Rich .

8. Quote Originally Posted by MissouriShooter View Post
    Home invasion, hands down. I don't care about store robberies...I'm not a cop and I have no duty to respond to a public danger, licensed carry or not.

But kick in my door or hijack my car and we'll have issues to discuss.
    Absolutely my friend ! No home invasion yet , attempted car jack . Glad to have a CCW ! God Bless , Rich

9. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Then don't move to Australia, because they have no legal definition of what a "home invasion" is or what the penalty should be. Makes me glad to live in a Castle Doctrine state. I too would find a home invasion a most traumatic experience. I train in order to make the experience more traumatic for the invader though.
    100% my friend . God Bless, Rich

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    I am not scared of anything -- I have kids. And they trained me well when they started driving at age 18 shivering in my boots and shaking in my seat while they practice driving me somewhere or to the supermarket nearby. I can say I am a pretty well-trained Mom. If I had managed to stay and looked cool under those circumstances of bringing up my children to this world, I can be pretty cool and composed when a person in front of me wanted to do me and mine harm. I practice drawing at least an hour a day everyday that I cannot go to the range. Besides, before anyone can touch me, they will have to kill my 125.5 rottie first. Touch wood, hopefully I do not have to use my gun.
    Ditto my friend 110lb. Dobbie ! Then a very determind law abider . ( I always love your posts . USA Carry Member are the best ! ) God Bless Rich

What do you prepare for the most?

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineOK View Post
    You have your license..you carry a handgun...

what are your fears and how do you train to prepare yourself?
    Tucker's Mom: so true, so true. If you can survive your kids, you can survive anything! [smile]

I have to say that I'm not really afraid--I just like to be prepared. We are lucky enough to live in a low crime area, but given the economy these days, crime has been creeping closer and closer to home.

To answer the OP's question ... what comes to mind most is home invasion, followed by being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

We prepare by keeping the exterior of the house uncluttered and well-lit. We secure all modes of access to the house. We have run through various scenarios with all family members on where to be and how to react in the event of a home invasion. We always charge our cell phones at night so that they have enough battery power to run for an extended period of time (in case we have to stay on the line with 911). Last, we have picked a variety of weapons that will hopefully be the most useful in the majority of scenarios.

I carry EVERY DAY, and avoid situations/places that give us pause (like grocery shopping late at night ... do we REALLY need those groceries NOW?). Whenever we go somewhere we try to stay AWARE of our surroundings. I also prefer to be in a position that faces the entries/exits.

I practice drawing from under a cover garment several times a day, along with dropping the mag and reloading from my weak side. I'm trying to get enough repeat motions to create strong muscle memory since everything goes to pot when the @#$% hits the fan.

I try to hit the range 1-2x/month, running through 100 rounds each time. I have a sequence of practice drills for two handed, one handed, weak handed, etc to try to achieve proficiency in variety of positions.

Call me crazy, but generally speaking I've done pretty well by the "hope for the best, but prepare for the worst" motto....

Aside from all of the above, I just like guns. The mechanics of the weapons, the beauty in the form factor, and the thrill of shooting and shooting well. :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast