What do you fear the most? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you fear the most?

For me it would be walking in the bottom of the parking garage at work, at night especially. Security there is a joke. Home invasion isn't really on my list of fears, but it could happen. Hopefully we are prepared enough for that. Good luck to anyone who can get past our 4 large dogs and find their way through our house without tripping or running into to something.

Quote Originally Posted by kotaNsid View Post
    For me it would be walking in the bottom of the parking garage at work, at night especially. Security there is a joke. Home invasion isn't really on my list of fears, but it could happen. Hopefully we are prepared enough for that. Good luck to anyone who can get past our 4 large dogs and find their way through our house without tripping or running into to something.

Please listen to this 911 call. Please pay special attention to the part where the intruder walks right past her dogs (who can be heard barking in the background) who never attacked the intruder.

Unless you dogs are trained to attack intruders they are early warning devices period
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I listened to that the other day. Very scary. I don't know if my dogs would attack or not, but them barking would give me enough alert to get my gun off the night stand.

Quote Originally Posted by kotaNsid View Post
    I listened to that the other day. Very scary. I don't know if my dogs would attack or not, but them barking would give me enough alert to get my gun off the night stand.
    What if your night stand is on the other end of the house?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

That's why we have a gun in every room.

What do I fear the most?

Myself.

I'm most affraid of causing myself or someone else to be harmed because I have a firearm. Whether it's because someone else has found out I'm carrying and I have become a target, or because I haven't enough training to properly defend myself and my family with my firearm.

Honestly, I didn't worry a whole lot about self defense before I started carrying (which I'm new to), but now carrying a gun has really hightened my sense of situational awareness and "what ifs". I'm not really worried that I wont do what needs to get done in a dangerous situation, really I worry most about anyone else being unintentionally harmed in the process.

But like I said, I'm new to carrying (and I tend to be a bit of a worry wart), so I know I'll get over it. And I'm working on getting more training in defensive shooting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123