Best handgun for frail woman? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best handgun for frail woman?

Quote Originally Posted by geezer117 View Post
    I found this excellent article on the subject.

Handguns for Handicapped and Very Recoil Sensitive Shooters
    Read the artical and its very good info, but for those that do not know, the Glock 380s while shooting them would be fine, there size would limit concealability, they are the same size as the G-26 and 27, but just chambered in 380, they are in europe because, I believe its something to do with general public cannot carry the same caliber as police and military, who carry 9mm, personaly for older folks with medical issues, the Bersa pro thunder, would be my first choice

Don't go with a Sub-Compact such as an Ruger LCP or Taurus TCP. They are real easy to carry but due to their light weight and small grips, they are a real handful to control. I bought the TCP for my wife and she hated it. She now has a Springfield XDM 9mm 3.8 compact carried in a KHOLSTER. With a crossbreed type holster you can carry a bigger gun comfortably.

My mom

Quote Originally Posted by geezer117 View Post
    I found this excellent article on the subject.

Handguns for Handicapped and Very Recoil Sensitive Shooters
    Thanks for sharing this article. My mom who can't kill a bug told me she wants a gun. She too is beyond fragile. Her hands don't work so well. My dad died last Nov, she has stayed alone all this time, very surprisingly.

I thought it was a bad idea, she can't walk too much either, she has had 3 hip replacements. I thought if anyone saw her with a gun she would end up pistol whipped or worse.

Thanks for opening my eyes to a whole range of ideas.
    Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it Prov 22:16 NKJV

5. Thanks for all the info. I'm ready to go shopping myself!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234