OK Ladies, This Is For You

Thread: OK Ladies, This Is For You

OK Ladies, This Is For You

When instructing new shooters I find women easier to train. They seem to follow directions better, especially when it comes to teaching the fundamentals. There's no ego involved and I usually don't have to break previously learned bad habits.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

teaching women

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    When instructing new shooters I find women easier to train. They seem to follow directions better, especially when it comes to teaching the fundamentals. There's no ego involved and I usually don't have to break previously learned bad habits.
    I have to admit to having an ego in so far that it pushes me to be the best at what I'm doing.

I have no problem acknowledging that someone else is better than I am and has something to teach me ... even if they do keep calling me "honey."

I don't just shoot--I analyze the results and go after the knowledge and skills that will make me better. I use all the tools available to me: books, videos, forum postings, and people that I encounter that have something to share that will make me better. If I have a bad habit and someone points it out to me, I will do my best to correct it because it makes me a better shooter. I don't care that I was wrong and they were right--results are what counts.

To all students, male or female, please remember: It is the mindset of the learner that helps the teachers get great results.

Quote Originally Posted by eaccents View Post
    I have to admit to having an ego in so far that it pushes me to be the best at what I'm doing.

I have no problem acknowledging that someone else is better than I am and has something to teach me ... even if they do keep calling me "honey."

I don't just shoot--I analyze the results and go after the knowledge and skills that will make me better. I use all the tools available to me: books, videos, forum postings, and people that I encounter that have something to share that will make me better. If I have a bad habit and someone points it out to me, I will do my best to correct it because it makes me a better shooter. I don't care that I was wrong and they were right--results are what counts.

To all students, male or female, please remember: It is the mindset of the learner that helps the teachers get great results.
    I totally agree with this and love listening or taking lessons from some one more experienced than I in anything. That is as long as they are not condescending or want to fly over it, because I should know it. I don't mind the "honey" either, in Texas everyone male or female is "honey, or darlin.....