Female carry issue - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Female carry issue

I use a simple nylon inside-the-pants holster (got it on eBay)that I clip inside the front of my jeans. It could also easily go to the small of my back. I generally do not wear tuck-in shirts, so there's no problem with concealment. I have found that wearing a tuck-in cotton camisole under my shirt definitely helps with the comfort issue. Hope your wife is able to find something that works for her!

I would have your wife try a Crossbreed Supertuck. I own quite a few different holsters, and this has become my favorite. It is an IWB holster with a leather back and body guard and a cantable kydex front. I carry crossdraw with a G19 and it is extremely concealable. I don't have to wear really loose clothing, either. There have been times when I remove my firearm after we've been somewhere, and my husband had no idea that I was carrying. I also have a couple of IWB holsters made by a gentleman by the name of Bob Durbin in Dansville, NY that I use when I'm not using my SuperTuck. They are well-made, reinforced top, and made to fit your specific firearm. If you are interested, his number is 585-335-3832. Between my husband and myself, we have purchased about eight (8) of his holsters.
    Be the one who walks away

My wife has no body fat. Her slim figure made it hard to conceal in any type of holster. She found that a velcro belly-band allows her to carry a small/slim gun without printing (Ruger LC9, Kimber Solo 9mm).
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I am female, and carry the cross breed mini tuck for the p32, or the supertuck for the 9mm. I have never had as great of comfort and conceal ability. You pay a little more for the crossbreed, but I promise it is worth it. You could buy several other holsters trying to get a good fit that is comfortable for everyday carry, or you could go straight for the one that works. Charli

On you just look up conceal carry holster there a girl on there that reviews many and goes thru different outs with different holsters she a few out but there a good watch.

My girl carrys one of her two 380's in her waste band with an in the pant belt clip leather hand made holster for one, and check out Sticky Holsters - Redefining Concealment for her Colt Pony. These holsters work!!! She has no body fat and is also not willing to change the way she dresses. She carries either a Kahr (breast cancer pink" 380, or her PONY. Can't see it and when someone sees the KAHR, they do think it is a cell phone or something ...and pink makes her happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_G View Post
    I know a while back I remember seeing a purse that has a compartment in the middle for a firearm, and need not worry about someone just snatching it from you because the strap has a sort of steel cable in it to keep it from breaking. This is something to look into as it is not loose in the purse and the cable in the shoulder strap keep it from being yanked off. Another plus is the way the firearm is placed in the carry compartment if need be you can actually shoot through the opposite end of the purse.
    Nathan, Yes, the cable keeps the purse from having the strap broken or cut, but as you can see in the video above, the woman was punched in the head from behind, knocked unconscious, and then her purse simply removed from her shoulder - something the cable would not have helped. Criminals are becoming more physical and finding ways to attack with force before the victim even knows they are present. This requires your weapon to be able to be drawn AFTER you recover from the attack and pick yourself up off the ground. A purse will fail at this almost every time.
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadrifter View Post
    That bra holster is a neat concept, the problem is the size pistol that it limits you to. My wife has a KelTec p32 but her main option is a Kahr cw40.
    A purse is just too easy to have taken or get forgotten. If it can't be retained somewhere on your person it is that much easier to get disarmed. Although the major threat in our area is coyotes, bears and loose dogs and they aren't all that interested in stealing a purse unless you have a snickers and mountain dew hidden inside.
    Thanks for the ideas so far, Keep the posts coming, there is some great info out there and you can never have too much knowledge.
    If the bra holster gives her a carry option she is able to exercise every day in comfort, isn't that better to have a slightly smaller gun/caliber that she can carry every day than one she leaves at home most of the time? I like big guns and carry them in the winter, but I find a Taurus TCP is always riding shotgun in my back pocket in a Stoner Pocket Holster every day of the year. I prefer one, but the other carry method means I'm always armed, even when wearing shorts and a T-shirt. Consider it.
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by disneyr View Post
    The following video shows why a woman's purse is not the best platform for concealed carry but could possibly be the worst. Granted, she was not aware of her surroundings at all and would not be able to use a firearm for defense even if it were carried on her body, but at least the attacker wouldn't have walked off with her firearm in addition to her money and ID. Stay alert, stay alive.
    My sister was in a public restroom stall, with the purse hung over the coat hook and the coat hung over the purse on the same hook. Not only did the thief get the coat, but also the purse. She doesn't carry a gun, but if she did and if the gun was used in a crime, she's be partly liable. Purse carry is not a good idea.
    IWB is still going to be better, even though you might need to compromise looking "sexy". Is it better to be alive or look "sexy"? It's unfortunately a compromise.

My wife uses a belly band with velcro retention. She has a small frame and generally can't conceal IWB or OWB. Holster purses should have a wire in the shoulder straps to prevent cutting it.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast