Female carry issue - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Female carry issue

1. After reading several posts about the Crossbreed here and elsewhere, I went online and purchased one for my Ruger LC9. I haven't gotten it yet but I can tell you that the customer service is fantastic. I had made the purchase online and then had some questions. My email was responded to in the same day and was very helpful to me in making the right purchase (I had thought I should get a minituck for the small pistol, but was told the minituck is for waists 32-34", not related to the gun). And they have a 2 week trial period. I can't wait to get mine.

Crossbread holster?

When I first started carrying it was hard. If I had to think about it, I wouldn't do it. I just talked myself out of it all the time. I finally decided that I needed to start carrying a bag. I'm not a purse-type of person, and frankly I hate packing luggage around. But, I realized that if I had a gun in my bag, and that's where it stayed, all the time, every day, unless I was practicing, that I could train myself to grab the bag every time I left the house. It's not the best way to carry, and now that I have done it for several months, I'm contemplating the idea of on-body. So, maybe the solution is to find something that works for right now, then, as she becomes more accustomed to the idea, she can alter her carry method.

5. Yes, Crossbreed Holster (Super Tuck, Mini-Tuck). The idea behind them is secure carry and you can wear your shirt/blouse tucked in or out. I'm not affiliated with them by any means but for your benefit to research them, here's a link to their website. Crossbreed Holsters > Home

Pancake holster

Multi-positionable. Easy to put on. Work to get off! Have tried many and many dollars later I am still with pancake. A lot of pieces/parts in range bag to trade and start conversations with! I want my gun ON me. I am new to site so will be looking forward to solutions! Thanks

7. I have other holsters, but my every day holster is a simple NRA belly band. http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/Pro...?p=SA+329&ct=e

Hi, I am new to this forum and have had my concealed carry for several months. I have read and read, all kinds of articles about all kinds of special clothes, handbags, holsters, inner wear, outer wear, underwear, bra holsters, etc etc.,and I admit I was really frustrated. I bought a crimson trace for my Taurus TCP 738 and that created a whole other problem finding a holster Currently Iam using a desantis IWB for my Taurus PT 709 slim and a pocket holster for the 738. I have a couple of vests I actually found at K mart that have inner pockets, and that works well for the 738. I now find myself dressing to the gun I am trying to conceal. I also bought leather belt. I find myself checking coats and jackets for inner pockets, or outer pockets that are deep enough for pocket carry. I choose to carry on my person rather than in a handbag.

I don't know what state you are in, but here is another thought: Open Carry (if allowed in your area). The way I normally dress, and full size gun CC is realy impractable for me. The only time I CC is when the amount of time outside/weather requires a jacket.

The reason we ladies have so much difficulty at times is because - let's face it - we are built differently than men; and it's a man's world. I have found - through much trial and error - that carrying crossdraw with an IWB holster suits me better than any thing else in my daily life. I have a fabulous holster maker in upstate New York from whom I have purchased seven or eight IWB holsters for myself and my husband. However, I have to say that my Crossbreed SuperTuck is my most favorite. I carry a Glock 19 most of the time. Occasionally, I carry my Taurus 709 Slim - which just happens to fit in the same holster - or my Springfield XD compact (in a holster made for it). I love my SuperTuck because I have worn it enough that it has molded to my body and is exceptionally comfortable to wear. As with everything else, I had to experiment with the location and the cant. Once I had it set, I have not changed it. I also do not worry too much about dressing for the gun I am carrying. I can even wear close-fitting hoodies without detection, so I'm good to go. Don't know if this helps any..... just throwing in my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbiegun View Post
    Hi, .....Currently Iam using a desantis IWB for my Taurus PT 709 slim and a pocket holster for the 738. I have a couple of vests I actually found at K mart that have inner pockets, and that works well for the 738. I now find myself dressing to the gun I am trying to conceal. I also bought leather belt. I find myself checking coats and jackets for inner pockets, or outer pockets that are deep enough for pocket carry. I choose to carry on my person rather than in a handbag.
    Be the one who walks away

11. I've found the smart carry doesn't fit well inside most women's pants. we have less material there

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast