Female carry issue
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Female carry issue

1. Female carry issue

Ladies I need your help, my wife has her CHL and has had it for a couple years now. She is a damn fine shot and accurate as hell. She has had a problem in finding a carry method that is comfortable for her and still allows her to retain the weapon on her person and this has caused her to leave it at home more often than not. Can u give me some input on the holsters you use and how well they conceal for you

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadrifter View Post
    Ladies I need your help, my wife has her CHL and has had it for a couple years now. She is a damn fine shot and accurate as hell. She has had a problem in finding a carry method that is comfortable for her and still allows her to retain the weapon on her person and this has caused her to leave it at home more often than not. Can u give me some input on the holsters you use and how well they conceal for you
    Winter is OK...because I can hide my gun under my sweats. Summer and other seasons are bummers and I am uncomfortable without showing how sexy I really am...In short, fashion-wise I gotta look like a punk with extra wide waistline on an extra wide pair of pants. Gosh! I hate that...I found a solution earlier this year when I was starting to prepare for the warmer spring weather -- pocket carry. It is very comfortable. Short of that, a gun handbag...though I still have to get used to this one I have bought recently exactly for that purpose. 'Hope this helps.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Depending on what she carries, Gun Tot'n Mama makes very nice concealed carry purses. My wife has a larger gun and carries in her waistband on her back. Hope this helps.

5. Hello, a woman already carry's the best platform for concealed carry, her purse.

I do not like the idea of my gun being in my purse at all. First, it's not a quick to get to as on your body, and if someone is on you quick, the purse may be the first thing they go for and trying to get to your gun while fighting for the purse is not going to be quick, and if you loose not only is your purse gone, so is your gun.

I have been carrying my LCR in an Uncle Mikes IWB that I do not really like, but it is ok for now till my Crossbred gets here (soon I hope). I wear it this way in everything from slacks to shorts and it really doesn't show unless I bend wrong. I tend to carry at about 4 o'clock just behind my point of hip. I am looking at a thigh holster for when I wear summer dresses as friends use them and LOVE them for those times.

I am wearing my normal sized clothing when carrying IWB, but I could see those that are built differently might have issues, she'll just need to try it out more than one day to see if it gets to feeling comfortable (was awkward the first few days but that quickly passed once I found my "comfort spot" on my body). Everyone of my women friends that have the Crossbreed have nothing but good to say about the feel, so I'm hoping the same goes for me.

There is a video out there of a young lady showing different holsters that she uses and it's pretty good. If I can find it I'll come back with a link.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGBP...e_gdata_player
    "I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the "heck" they please".-John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Quilici View Post
    Hello, a woman already carry's the best platform for concealed carry, her purse.
    Until it becomes the purse snatcher's best platform for concealed carry. Then he uses the stolen purse-gun to go to her house (from ID in the purse) to steal more guns, stuff or worse. Carry on the body if at all possible.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

I carry a compact .45 1911. Depending on the pants I'm wearing, I use either a Galco Jak Slide or just a belt with no holster. Five pocket jeans have that small watch pocket on the right side and it's the perfect size for my muzzle. The gun goes between my belt and the waistband of the jeans with the muzzle inside that pocket. Trigger is covered and the gun is held tight against my body. For pants without that fifth pocket, the Jak Slide works almost as well. Fashion and looking 'sexy' take a back seat to the importance of keeping the weapon concealed, but the choices are many - an overshirt, vest or jacket will work in any weather.

The only time I would ever carry off my body (in a purse) is on the rare occasion that I would have to wear a dress. It is too easy for a lady and her purse to become separated.

Falia on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGBPVk5GQk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Quote Originally Posted by luv2shoot View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGBPVk5GQk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    LOL, oops! See you beat me to it :)
    "I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the "heck" they please".-John Wayne

My wife primarily uses an UMs and carries AIWB.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast