Seeking advice, and saying Hello! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeking advice, and saying Hello!

Defintely go to the NRA website and find some classes in your area. I highly recommend their "Women on Target" (WOT) events. That way you can find you a gun buddy (gunny bunny) or two. Then start taking the "BASICS".

Welcome! Best of luck on your search, and (whispering behind her hand) don't take everything on this forum to heart. Some of these guys are seriously a-n-g-r-y all the time!

I gotta ask, what's with the avatar picture, it looks like something out of Logan's Run.

I test fired as well as felt. Find a shop with a range. Usually if you buy that day all you pay is ammo and targets for the range use. I carry an HK P2000 9mm and adore it. I have fibromyalgia and my HK has an easy slide for me to pull and the recoil doen't kick my trash. I am also new so we can be newbies together! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Here in SC we take fireworks launching pretty seriously. We launch fireworks for Yom Kipur, Rash Hashanna, Chanuka, Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, Passover, Thanksgiving, Labor Day, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, The Ides of March, Cinco De Mayo, Independence Day, Mardi Gras, and even Boxing Day for all the Canadians, Eh!
    This is G50. You must not take him seriously, except when he is being serious.

Quote Originally Posted by lilareads View Post
    I test fired as well as felt. Find a shop with a range. Usually if you buy that day all you pay is ammo and targets for the range use. I carry an HK P2000 9mm and adore it. I have fibromyalgia and my HK has an easy slide for me to pull and the recoil doen't kick my trash. I am also new so we can be newbies together! ;)
    Ha! "Kick my trash!" I'm adding that to my arsenal of publicly acceptable swears, along with sonofabiscuit, cheeseandcrackers, and all my Sponge Bobisms.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Ha! "Kick my trash!" I'm adding that to my arsenal of publicly acceptable swears, along with sonofabiscuit, cheeseandcrackers, and all my Sponge Bobisms.
    Lol, Yeah I am a creative cusser. I tend to use fuzzy animals a lot too. "Son of a Hamster!" My family think I am nuts but then my 2-year-old repeats other of the choice words and they realize alternatives are good!!

yay I have a newbie buddie!

Quote Originally Posted by lilareads View Post
    Thanks! This is the best advice I have gotten, by far! Not only because I too am dealing with some muscle related issues, but also the language use shall come in handy! My uncles pride and joy, who is not even two yet, repeats EVERYTHING and sarcasticly I might add! Such as yesterday when I lost my grip, and not thinking let the "s" word slip, (mind you I'm Sissy to all children) soon after I hear "s" "s"! I reply "crap, no that's a bad word and we don't say that...the response....."crap, Sissy say bad word "s"...
    Ya gotta love em!
    "Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards"- Soren Kierkegaard
    *Daeva*

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I gotta ask, what's with the avatar picture, it looks like something out of Logan's Run.
    I'm still getting the hang of how posts read and look, so I am assuming you are talking about my avatar, if not please just save me the red face to match my hair and go with it!....
    I am a psychology major and it ties into a concept I have been studding for my back piece (tatt) and the thesis for my masters degree.
    *Daeva*

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Welcome! Best of luck on your search, and (whispering behind her hand) don't take everything on this forum to heart. Some of these guys are seriously a-n-g-r-y all the time!
    Thanks for the warning!...although I fear it's more likely the men should beware of my brutal honesty and nature.
    Angry men, guns, politics,.......I'm already right at home! I may be a girl, but I was raised as my father's pride and joy. I can normally be found in torn jeans and combat boots, near something with a motor in it.....unless it's poker night!
    *Daeva*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast