Seeking advice, and saying Hello!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeking advice, and saying Hello!

Question Seeking advice, and saying Hello!

Greetings! I'm new to the site, and the world of firearms. I am looking to turn my interest into both a hobby and use for personal protection. I am smack dab in the heart of the Bluegrass (Kentucky). Any suggestion for finding a very experienced instructor and on buying my first firearm? I'm not quite sure what firearm would be best for both purposes?
    "Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards"- Soren Kierkegaard
    *Daeva*

Welcome

Welcome aboard. I recommend you find a good local gun shop and look at their selection of guns. Find something that fits you and that you feel comfortable with. Also ask them about instruction. They'll know someone.
    Alan, TN

Quote Originally Posted by PerditaDaeva View Post
    Greetings! I'm new to the site, and the world of firearms. I am looking to turn my interest into both a hobby and use for personal protection. I am smack dab in the heart of the Bluegrass (Kentucky). Any suggestion for finding a very experienced instructor and on buying my first firearm? I'm not quite sure what firearm would be best for both purposes?
    I am a sort of touchy-feely person...even with fruits and vegetables at the supermarket so a gun is most important to me. If it doesn't have that feel of comfort in my hands, it is not going home with me...and this is my truth.

And oh...welcome to this forum. This one is my family, so enjoy your stay here where learning and chatting and quarreling are but a norm...just like any other family...can you imagine having a reunion with these people here one day, allof them? The fireworks will be more than tremendous!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    And oh...welcome to this forum. This one is my family, so enjoy your stay here where learning and chatting and quarreling are but a norm...just like any other family...can you imagine having a reunion with these people here one day, allof them? The fireworks will be more than tremendous!
    Here in SC we take fireworks launching pretty seriously. We launch fireworks for Yom Kipur, Rash Hashanna, Chanuka, Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, Passover, Thanksgiving, Labor Day, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, The Ides of March, Cinco De Mayo, Independence Day, Mardi Gras, and even Boxing Day for all the Canadians, Eh!

welcome

Welcome to the site and welcome to the life.

Thanks! I am so looking forward to making this a hobby and finding new friends along the way!
    *Daeva*

Quote Originally Posted by decotriumph View Post
    Welcome aboard. I recommend you find a good local gun shop and look at their selection of guns. Find something that fits you and that you feel comfortable with. Also ask them about instruction. They'll know someone.
    Thanks, for the advice! I'm going out this weekend to get started on my quest!
    *Daeva*

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    I am a sort of touchy-feely person...even with fruits and vegetables at the supermarket so a gun is most important to me. If it doesn't have that feel of comfort in my hands, it is not going home with me...and this is my truth.

So nice to make your aquaintence! ...I never thought of my gun mission in such a way, great advice!....totally feel ya on the fruits and veggies!
    *Daeva*

Quote Originally Posted by PerditaDaeva View Post
    You can locate an NRA certified instructor in your area through the NRA website at --> NRAInstructors.org - Portal for NRA certified Instructors, NRA Education and Training.

I recommend taking NRA Basic Pistol or NRA First Steps Pistol as a first course in amsll arms training. These courses are designed to teach safety and proficiency in small arms. They are a great starting place as the course content is defined by the NRA and is consistent between instrucors. With experience you can then move to more advanced training.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

BC1 is right,take an NRA basic pistol class. If gives you strong base tp begin your new hobby. WELCOME to the world of shooting!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast