Seeking advice, and saying Hello!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Seeking advice, and saying Hello!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18

    Question Seeking advice, and saying Hello!

    Greetings! I'm new to the site, and the world of firearms. I am looking to turn my interest into both a hobby and use for personal protection. I am smack dab in the heart of the Bluegrass (Kentucky). Any suggestion for finding a very experienced instructor and on buying my first firearm? I'm not quite sure what firearm would be best for both purposes?
    "Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards"- Soren Kierkegaard
    *Daeva*

  2.   
  3. #2

    Welcome

    Welcome aboard. I recommend you find a good local gun shop and look at their selection of guns. Find something that fits you and that you feel comfortable with. Also ask them about instruction. They'll know someone.
    Alan, TN

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    St. Louis County, MO
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by PerditaDaeva View Post
    Greetings! I'm new to the site, and the world of firearms. I am looking to turn my interest into both a hobby and use for personal protection. I am smack dab in the heart of the Bluegrass (Kentucky). Any suggestion for finding a very experienced instructor and on buying my first firearm? I'm not quite sure what firearm would be best for both purposes?
    I am a sort of touchy-feely person...even with fruits and vegetables at the supermarket so a gun is most important to me. If it doesn't have that feel of comfort in my hands, it is not going home with me...and this is my truth.

    And oh...welcome to this forum. This one is my family, so enjoy your stay here where learning and chatting and quarreling are but a norm...just like any other family...can you imagine having a reunion with these people here one day, allof them? The fireworks will be more than tremendous!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    And oh...welcome to this forum. This one is my family, so enjoy your stay here where learning and chatting and quarreling are but a norm...just like any other family...can you imagine having a reunion with these people here one day, allof them? The fireworks will be more than tremendous!
    Here in SC we take fireworks launching pretty seriously. We launch fireworks for Yom Kipur, Rash Hashanna, Chanuka, Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, Passover, Thanksgiving, Labor Day, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, The Ides of March, Cinco De Mayo, Independence Day, Mardi Gras, and even Boxing Day for all the Canadians, Eh!

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, Texas, United States
    Posts
    246

    welcome

    Welcome to the site and welcome to the life.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18
    Thanks! I am so looking forward to making this a hobby and finding new friends along the way!
    "Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards"- Soren Kierkegaard
    *Daeva*

  8. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by decotriumph View Post
    Welcome aboard. I recommend you find a good local gun shop and look at their selection of guns. Find something that fits you and that you feel comfortable with. Also ask them about instruction. They'll know someone.
    Thanks, for the advice! I'm going out this weekend to get started on my quest!
    "Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards"- Soren Kierkegaard
    *Daeva*

  9. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    I am a sort of touchy-feely person...even with fruits and vegetables at the supermarket so a gun is most important to me. If it doesn't have that feel of comfort in my hands, it is not going home with me...and this is my truth.

    And oh...welcome to this forum. This one is my family, so enjoy your stay here where learning and chatting and quarreling are but a norm...just like any other family...can you imagine having a reunion with these people here one day, allof them? The fireworks will be more than tremendous!
    So nice to make your aquaintence! ...I never thought of my gun mission in such a way, great advice!....totally feel ya on the fruits and veggies!
    "Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards"- Soren Kierkegaard
    *Daeva*

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by PerditaDaeva View Post
    Greetings! I'm new to the site, and the world of firearms. I am looking to turn my interest into both a hobby and use for personal protection. I am smack dab in the heart of the Bluegrass (Kentucky). Any suggestion for finding a very experienced instructor and on buying my first firearm? I'm not quite sure what firearm would be best for both purposes?
    You can locate an NRA certified instructor in your area through the NRA website at --> NRAInstructors.org - Portal for NRA certified Instructors, NRA Education and Training.

    I recommend taking NRA Basic Pistol or NRA First Steps Pistol as a first course in amsll arms training. These courses are designed to teach safety and proficiency in small arms. They are a great starting place as the course content is defined by the NRA and is consistent between instrucors. With experience you can then move to more advanced training.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ElK Creek Kentucky
    Posts
    437
    BC1 is right,take an NRA basic pistol class. If gives you strong base tp begin your new hobby. WELCOME to the world of shooting!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast