Chick Thigh Holster!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chick Thigh Holster!!

Thumbs up Chick Thigh Holster!!

I usually carry in a Crossbred Supertuck and love it, but on those days I wear a dress (mostly summer) I cannot use it and I do NOT like to have my gun stuck somewhere in a purse. So, I decided to get a Thigh holster and went with Chick: Chick Holsters and couldn't be happier. I have been wearing it the last couple of weeks when I go to a dress instead of my usual shorts or jeans.

I was doubtful at first because I had read so many things on the "net" about how uncomfortable they are for "less than super skinny women", but I really don't like not having my CC on my person. I ordered from Chick and they got it to me within a week. Super nice lady and because I "friended" them on facebook, I also got a $5 discount on the holster. It is "cute" with the flower, but that was the first thing I took off, LOL!

I took some pictures before church this morning to share with the other ladies here so you can see a "real life" example of how the holster works with a not so "skinny mini" in a sun dress with not a lot of "extra" material to hide the gun. The holster is "made" to be worn on the outside of the thigh, but I modified mine once it go here to wear on the inside of the right thigh (was not hard to do at all thanks to all the velcro). I carry a LCR .38 so it's not a tiny, tiny pistol to conceal, but this holster does a GREAT job keeping it concealed.

Anyway, pictures:

You can see that I have it high and double strapped. That thing stays where I put it till I take it off and it's not uncomfortable to wear or move around in. I've worn it for the past couple of Sundays in Church, and it's nice to be able to greet and hug people and not have to worry about being sure I turn just right so they don't "feel" a bump at my waist, and not have to lug around a purse since that is the only other option for carry in this type of outfit.

I am a very happy customer between this and my Supertuck, I am good to go anywhere now.
    "I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the "heck" they please".-John Wayne

Good on you. I have a similar thigh holster because I'm usually in a Kilt. I just haven't tried to get it to the inner thigh. Glad you found a carry method you like.

YMOS,
    Tony
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Teddy Roosevelt May 13, 1903

I'm sorry but that looks sooooooooooooooooooooo uncomfortable
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by TheSp8 View Post
    Good on you. I have a similar thigh holster because I'm usually in a Kilt. I just haven't tried to get it to the inner thigh. Glad you found a carry method you like.

YMOS,
    Tony
    :) Would love to see a picture of you in your kilt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I'm sorry but that looks sooooooooooooooooooooo uncomfortable
    Not at all. You know what's uncomfortable?? Wearing a bra all day, every day. Uncomfortable is relative to a woman :(
    "I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the "heck" they please".-John Wayne

Oh gawd with the bras. Don't even get me started.

Thanks for the pics. It's good to have options.

Thanks;
    I just sent the weblink to my wife. I would feel a lot better if she would start carrying at church and when she wears a dress.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Oh gawd with the bras. Don't even get me started.

Thanks for the pics. It's good to have options.
    That's why you shouldn't clip, pin, tape or otherwise attach your CCW Badge to your bra.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    That's why you shouldn't clip, pin, tape or otherwise attach your CCW Badge to your bra.
    Maybe I'll introduce a new line of undergarments that feature a built-in pocket for one's CCW badge.

Thanks Db.
    The 1st thing my wife said about the holster was; "What's with the flower? --- I wouldn't want a flower!" (LOL)
    The second thing she ask was if it could be worn on the inside of her left thigh. (She's a "righty", and this seems a more logical place to carry.)

Could you go into a bit more detail on how you modified the holster to carry on the inside of the thigh?

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Maybe I'll introduce a new line of undergarments that feature a built-in pocket for one's CCW badge.
    That's funny because I had a discusion on another thread about a "public breast feeding badge". On rational examination, no practical option was found. The woman in question could,

1- Clip the badge to her shirt, which would be removed durring breastfeeding, thus defeating the purpose.
    2- Use one of those belt clip badges holders. This might result in the baby inadvertently covering up the badge depending on their position.
    3- Use a public breast feeding sash, similar to those crazy looking CCW sashes worn at the Miss CCW pagent. This is especially problematic for mothers of twins, polygamists, or women with the last name of Duggar because the sash would cover up one breast removing the option to breast feed two babies at the same time.
    4- Use one of the neck chain badge holder thingies and risk having the baby get tangled up in the chain. This could result in the baby getting thrown out with the badge holder.
    5- Ignore the breast feeding badge idea entirely and risk running afoul with the public breast feeding cops, A.K.A sheepdogs.

All in all it is a tough dilemma.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast