attacked at home while i was sleeping - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: attacked at home while i was sleeping

A locked door would have served you better than a gun in this case
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

thank god you are ok and the cops caught the pervert. good for you in applying for your ccw, i might also be wise to teach your kids firearm safty and how to shoot, id,unload and load the gun. i pray that you never have that happen to you again. be safe.

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    A locked door would have served you better than a gun in this case
    @Treo: hindsight is 20/20, and I'm sure she has already beaten herself up for what she COULD have done to prevent this.

The important thing NOW is that she survived, learned a valuable lesson, and is taking steps to be prepared. As a community we can help her move forward by giving her the best advice we have to give, and encouraging her in her journey towards preparedness.

@Dchenoweth1969: Welcome, and I hope we in the forum can be of help!

Thank you all for the great advice, and concern. I have learned alot from this site already just from reading articles and posts. I was not unfamiliar with firearms when the attack took place, but the ones I have are for muzzleloader hunting and I had them locked away and out of my reach even. It was a big eye opener though and made me realize that we trust a system way to much when we should be more aware of our surroundings. God Bless to you all and Thank you

I'm sorry but a weapon in this case would of done nothing. Being asleep and waking up to someone crushing you what are your going to do? If the gun was on you chances are pretty good that it would of been found.

Glad to hear you are ok I just don't see how in this situation having a weapon on your person would of helped the situation.
    Be cool and eat fruit!

Glad you are ok physically. Here is a site on IA gun laws:
    http//www.opencarry.org/ia.html

Glad it turned out okay for you!! The days of leaving your doors unlocked, EVEN IF YOU"RE HOME, are long gone!! Hope you get your CCW permit and train well___ GOOD LUCK!!

In your situation a gun would not have done you any good, and most likely would have been found and taken by the BG, I don't know what you could have done except for a hidden can of mace or a stun gun, but keeping stuff like that with children in the house is sometimes not a good idea, important thing is your able to tell us about it and take preventive action

Quote Originally Posted by Dchenoweth1969 View Post
    Thank you all for the great advice, and concern. I have learned alot from this site already just from reading articles and posts. I was not unfamiliar with firearms when the attack took place, but the ones I have are for muzzleloader hunting and I had them locked away and out of my reach even. It was a big eye opener though and made me realize that we trust a system way to much when we should be more aware of our surroundings. God Bless to you all and Thank you
    Hi Donna;
    Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you are alright.

My wife is a rape survivor and you can be very thankful that this rapist was not successful. However, you may experience some post trauma stress. If you do? Please contact someone that will listen and can empathize with what you went through.

Again Welcome & God Bless.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    So very glad the attack ended before more permanent damage was done, but please know I realize the damage that was already done to your psyche...

Please, get formal training so as to help make the idea of defending yourself a little more real. If you are like my wife and I you will realize how much you did not know and how unprepared you might have actually been to defend yourself/kids after such training. ...Then again, is anyone really ever ready?

If I may, and with all humbleness, I'd also recommend two things: First, a quality revolver for a first handgun unless you are going to recieve good malfunction clearance training and are willing to practice, and are willing to take some extra time in care of the gun. Secondly: As mentioned already, the kids should be educated about gun safety and even go shooting with mom/dad.

This will be the end of my two cents, and I pray the horror you faced that day will never fall upon you again, nor on anyone you, I or anyone here knows.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast