attacked at home while i was sleeping - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: attacked at home while i was sleeping

Blog Entries

Thank God you were'nt hurt or worse

At my urging...my wife is applying for her ccw. Women should always be perpared to defend themselves.n

weak prosecuting attorney!

Quote Originally Posted by Dchenoweth1969 View Post
    The man was caught and gave a full confession of what he did to me. It took me a month and 6 days before I could even step outside my door. I am still healing and I thought I was doing pretty good until last week the prosecuting attorney Clint Spurrier told me there may be no trial Because this man got a low IQ test score and he can't hold him accountable for what he did. So basically, anyone who gets a 52 on an IQ test is free to walk the streets and do what they please. They are exempt from a trial!!! Did anyone else know this??? I contacted the attorney generals office in Des Moines to get help and protest, but they told me they can't get involved unless Mr. Spurrier invites them into the case. This man has a driving license, was able to pass the test, held the same job for ten years, graduated high school, and they tell me he is not smart enough to go to trial? The procecuting attorney told me the best they can do is give me a restraining order. But if they wont convict him, than he is free to do what he wants to me, you, our children. Does anyone have any advice or feel as angry as me, my husband of 20 years, and my 3 teenage daughters?
    Contact the media. Let them know your story, how the man followed you home and attacked you when you were at your most vulnerable YET Mr. Spurrier feels that he can do nothing to take this man off the streets. Have the media let the people around you know that there is a predator in their midst, and that the DA is telling you that the person cannot be tried for his crime despite the fact that the man has a driving license, was able to pass the test, held the same job for ten years, and graduated high school. Perhaps Mr. Spurrier will find himself with enough pressure to take the case to trial (with or without help from the Des Moines DA) or perhaps Mr. Spurrier will be looking for another job!

I need to have my wife read this thread. As a father of three little girls I can't imaging coming home to find that my wife had been attacked. I agree with most of the comments here. The biggest difference is we don't lock our dots when I am home. My daughters are still young so even though we have had the firearm talk I'm not confident that it has stuck with them. So instead of having firearms all over I have some strategically placed softball bats. Also I am surprised at the lack of anger at the neighbor. I would have had to suggest to then that they move....... For safety reasons.

Amen to that! Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by eaccents View Post
    Contact the media. Let them know your story, how the man followed you home and attacked you when you were at your most vulnerable YET Mr. Spurrier feels that he can do nothing to take this man off the streets. Have the media let the people around you know that there is a predator in their midst, and that the DA is telling you that the person cannot be tried for his crime despite the fact that the man has a driving license, was able to pass the test, held the same job for ten years, and graduated high school. Perhaps Mr. Spurrier will find himself with enough pressure to take the case to trial (with or without help from the Des Moines DA) or perhaps Mr. Spurrier will be looking for another job!
    I guess I need to write an actual message: Eaccents is correct.

Count your lucky stars this time...but don't count on luck the next time. As many of the posts say: "BE PREPARED!" for the next time and then pray that the "next time" won't come. And be sure that your kids are trained and prepared as well. The bad guys are everywhere...even in the small towns. You're on the right track it seems. Just don't lose sight of the goal, and, keep your sights handy.
    Happily clinging to God and my guns...not at all bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by eaccents View Post
    Send the info to Bill O'Reilly at Fox News. Bill knows how to make these types of DA's squirm.
    Happily clinging to God and my guns...not at all bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Timiche View Post
    At my urging...my wife is applying for her ccw. Women should always be perpared to defend themselves.n
    Anyone, male, female, intersexed, or whatever should always be prepared to defend themselves.

Regarding the comment by G50AE

+1 to that.
    Just read an article where the wife of a Police officer was ambushed in her own home. Her gun was 8 inches (or something like that) out of her reach. He smacked her around and raped her, but again, she survived.
    I was talking to someone, and his comment was along these lines:
    Whether you are unarmed or have a Gatling gun under your bed, bad guys can always wait until you are unprepared.

He also recommended the locks on the bedroom doors, because, if the bad guy comes upstairs and kicks in that locked door, it's an open/closed case of a deadly threat to you. He, too, recommended against looking around your house and trying to perform a "structure clearance" on your own.
    I thought that was an interesting comment by a guy who made his living in Special Ops (SWAT). Very interesting...that this topic has been popping up in SEVERAL of my emails and blogs....

10. There have been several comments here that a gun would have done her no good because she was asleep and awoke too late after the BG was already on top of her.

While true that a gun in a holster in plain view would have been of no use, a gun properly concealed may well have been concealed long enough for her to get to it.

But my suggestion would be a second gun between the back edge of the cushion and the seat back of the sofa. The right hand would fall on it effortlessly.

Securing a holster to the side of the nightstand so it is hidden between the bed and the nightstand is also a good idea for quick access by you when resting in bed.

As for the prosecutor, I think he is full of it. When a person is so incompetent that he has no idea what he is doing, there are places he can be put if he is considered dangerous.

Agreed- it was a nasty situation.

Quote Originally Posted by old curmudgeon View Post
    There have been several comments here that a gun would have done her no good because she was asleep and awoke too late after the BG was already on top of her.

While true that a gun in a holster in plain view would have been of no use, a gun properly concealed may well have been concealed long enough for her to get to it.

But my suggestion would be a second gun between the back edge of the cushion and the seat back of the sofa. The right hand would fall on it effortlessly.

Securing a holster to the side of the nightstand so it is hidden between the bed and the nightstand is also a good idea for quick access by you when resting in bed.

As for the prosecutor, I think he is full of it. When a person is so incompetent that he has no idea what he is doing, there are places he can be put if he is considered dangerous.
    I like your thinking. Here's a sidebar question, speaking of mattresses...
    I have one of those Tempurpedic mattresses- the one that is heavy closed-cell foam and 18.75 inches thick. There's no box spring. Does anyone know of a creative idea like those bedside holsters that does NOT require a space between mattress/box spring?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast