Hand gun for my wife to carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hand gun for my wife to carry

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

3. Just got my wife a P238

She does not carry yet but will be in a couple of weeks.

She loves the gun' it handles very well for being that small

Since the hammer is out in the open, she was a little shy because can see that it is cocked. Once I pointed out that mine was cocked as well she realized it was not an issue

She also likes the customizable grips. As I sure you are aware, it has to match the shoes ;-)

My wife carries the Lcp. She enjoys shooting my 238 much better (sights, trigger, slide racking, less recoil), but didn't feel comfortable carrying a 1911 cocked and locked. It takes a lot more practice to be proficient safely with a cocked and locked. Comfort, that's what's important.

What does your wife feel is the most comfortable to use?

5. I have a sig p238 that I carry and I absolutely love it. I am 5'8" about 145 lbs. I wear it in an IWB holster and I have shot and practiced with it so much, I am comfortable wearing it cocked and locked. I have also practice a lot without one in the chamber, racking the slide on the draw. I love my sig.

Ditto - I am very happy with my Sig P238 as a BUG.

Most important, though, is for the man to get out of the way in this process. A gun is a personal tool. The woman must choose the tool that makes the most sense for her purposes. If she can attend a Women on Target class by the NRA - a gun safety and familiarization course - it would be extremely helpful.

Thank you for all the input. I appreciate all the very valid points made. Some of which I had not thought of. I will have to take my wife to look at the hand guns again with these point in mind. Thank you again.

Doug

My wife loves her Walther PK380. Ergo's are great. She has close to 1000 rounds through with about 3 FTE, which could be due to my hand load.
    Be cool and eat fruit!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12