Mom with Ohio concealed handgun license fires gun to ward off sex offender's violent
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mom with Ohio concealed handgun license fires gun to ward off sex offender's violent

Mom with Ohio concealed handgun license fires gun to ward off sex offender's violent

Why did she not shoot the freak? He was on top of her in her car threatening to steal it and possibly do her harm. This would have been a clear case of justifiable homicide of an escaped sex offender. Lucky for her it was daylight in a bank parking lot and he didn't try for the gun. Do you think she did right by announcing she had a gun or would she have been better off shooting the scumbag? I think he should be in the morgue.

Mom with Ohio concealed handgun license fires gun to ward off sex offender's violent attack

"Bennett trained with her boyfriend and obtained a permit to carry her gun after an attempted break-in at her home three years ago. At the time, she was a single mother of two teens."

My dad always said the difference between an anti-gun advocate and pro-gun advocate is ONE GOOD MUGGING.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Bottom line, whatever she did, she did something! God bless her for being prepared and having a combat mindset. And whether you might have acted differently is irrelevant. What she did worked, and she is alive and well today because of it. Not saying I'd have shed a single tear for the [email protected] if he'd been shot dead either! But really, that's neither here nor there. She's alive, and he's in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by longslide10 View Post
    Why did she not shoot the freak? He was on top of her in her car threatening to steal it and possibly do her harm. This would have been a clear case of justifiable homicide of an escaped sex offender. Lucky for her it was daylight in a bank parking lot and he didn't try for the gun. Do you think she did right by announcing she had a gun or would she have been better off shooting the scumbag? I think he should be in the morgue.

Mom with Ohio concealed handgun license fires gun to ward off sex offender's violent attack
    Sigh . . . at the risk of offending the OP and everybody else in sight, I have to ask: Have you ever shot anyone? If not, you may not be aware that it's not an easy thing to do for most folks. Yeah, it's easy for us to stand around armchair quarterbacking what she "should have done" but we should always remember that it's vastly easier to talk about shooting a human being than it is to actually do it. About all we can really say is, she was on the scene, it was her life at stake, she made the call and it worked out. I don't think I'd have handled it the same way, but hard to say until I actually am put to the test. Just food for thought.

She is lucky he didn't take her gun and shoot her with it. I'm not a fan of brandishing or warning shots. At least she doesn’t have this cretin's death messing with her juju.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinLawyer View Post
    Sigh . . . at the risk of offending the OP and everybody else in sight, I have to ask: Have you ever shot anyone? If not, you may not be aware that it's not an easy thing to do for most folks. Yeah, it's easy for us to stand around armchair quarterbacking what she "should have done" but we should always remember that it's vastly easier to talk about shooting a human being than it is to actually do it. About all we can really say is, she was on the scene, it was her life at stake, she made the call and it worked out. I don't think I'd have handled it the same way, but hard to say until I actually am put to the test.
    I agree with you on that. Killing someone is a fairly permanent act.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinLawyer View Post
    Just food for thought.
    Some people just aren't hungry I guess.

Yes God forbid anyone of us be put in a position to be forced to take someone's life, it indeed would be difficult to live with. Always shoot to stop the action is what I was told and never pull it unless you intend to use it to do so and fortunately for her this guy wasn't as violent as most and the warning shot did the trick. It easily could've gotten real ugly for her.

9. mom in Ohio

Should have shot him...he would have done worse! What about whos next?

Proper mindset, most people don't have it. This is one lucky woman, she wasn't willing to actually shoot her assailant and it could have cost her dearly.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

klassic Guest
    It takes a certain level of psyc to be ok with shooting someone. Watching the blood gush out, the person shaking, choking on their blood, trying to fight it can and will traumatize the avg person

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast