Wife draws at Walmart - Page 10
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife draws at Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Read the original post and a few after. Given what the OP said I find her actions did show situational awareness and I have no problems with her action except one. Her answer to "are you a cop?" and her answer "I am one now!"
    I just think for simplicity her answer should have been NO! The questioner had no chance to be confused and would have seen that "regular" people can take responsibility for their own safety. No chance for the wife to face impersonation charges because the intonation of her voice was missed and her intent and humor was not realized.
    Sort of like in MY COUSIN VINNY > > > I shot the clerk. I shot the clerk! I shot the clerk???? Pick one. NO is very simple and could not lead to unintended complications.
    Well, you shoulda read her post as well. Now we have comedic movies used as examples of what she SHOULDA SAID. Somebody please call Joe Pesci. He'll get her off the hook!
    All The Best
    Gunz

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8gunz View Post
    More Hooey. She didn't apply deadly force Treo. Drawing a weapon is not deadly force it is only preperation. She was concealed behind a structure and neither the cops or the bad guy ever knew she was there. Only critics of ccw would find fault with that. You can speculate about what the result would have been but nobody knows how things will turn out until after it happens. She drew her weapon and was prepared in case she was attacked and that is what it's all about. I suppose you don't even draw until after you're getting your head beat in. You can read her post and maybe you'll unnerstand why she couldn't simply head for the back door.
    NO! That is not what it's all about. It's about avoidance, deterrence, de-escalation and retreat, using a weapon only as a very last line of defense and not until all other remedies have been exhausted. If one is well enough to go to Walmart to shop then they are well enough to attempt retreat.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Well, you shoulda read her post as well. Now we have comedic movies used as examples of what she SHOULDA SAID. Somebody please call Joe Pesci. He'll get her off the hook!
    Wow did you miss the point. Amazing. Where in my post does it say how she should have responded? Where?
    The point of my post was what she said could have been misinterpreted! Causing unwanted problems.
    Now to her actions>>>>>BC1 made me go back and re read your post.
    Since she was in a somewhat obscure location, not being seen by anyone other then the person next to her, and since you stated he was a crazy guy and since he was just yelling and did not get physical I agree with BC1 in that she reacted prematurely to the situation. She should have just remained alert and ready or safely left the area. That is sometimes not easy when you think you can do something to stop others from being injured.
    OK so not to confuse you with an example of saying (quoting a movie that exemplifies saying something that can be misconstrued) I'll keep simple.
    She should have just said NO!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

My initial responce was from the original OP. I don't profess to know all do all. Hence one of the reasons I enjoy this site and continue to contribute both by posts and monitarialy..
    As for my comment on number of posts. It was inferred to represent new comers not experience. I never discount someone's background until they start opening their mouth (key board) and show their inexperience. Or proving by posts they know what they're talking about. It'not the quantity of posts, it's the quality of info shared. I have even started threads on the number of views verses posts.
    Thanks for the feed back.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    If one is well enough to go to Walmart to shop then they are well enough to attempt retreat.
    OF COURSE!!! Whatever you say doctor. I fully agree that amputees, cripples and anyone confined to a wheelchair or on crutches or tethered to an oxygen cart have no business in Walmart much less carrying a weapon.

I have no doubt you're a great instructor. I think I will include all my NRA certs in every post so I appear more right about everything.
    All The Best
    Gunz

More Hooey. She didn't apply deadly force Treo. Drawing a weapon is not deadly force it is only preperation.
    13-405. Justification; use of deadly physical force
    A. A person is justified in threatening or using deadly physical force against another:
    1. If such person would be justified in threatening or using physical force against the other under section 13-404, and
    2. When and to the degree a reasonable person would believe that deadly physical force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful deadly physical force.
    B. A person has no duty to retreat before threatening or using deadly physical force pursuant to this section if the person is in a place where the person may legally be and is not engaged in an unlawful act.
    Your wife may not have applied deadly force but she most certainly did threaten it. As soon as that gun comes out of the holster it is a deadly force issue.

You can speculate about what the result would have been but nobody knows how things will turn out until after it happens.
    I don't have to speculate, your wife reported the results. The police showed up and arrested the guy and he never came near her.

She drew her weapon and was prepared in case she was attacked and that is what it's all about.You can read her post and maybe you'll unnerstand why she couldn't simply head for the back door.
    Your wife, by her own report, wasn't even close enough to see the guy. I would say under those circumstances you’re better off getting the hell out of Dodge than playing Alamo in a situation that doesn’t involve you at all.Even with arthritis she had enough lead to give getting out of there a shot.

I suppose you don't even draw until after you're getting your head beat in.
    No, but I do wait until I can articulate a clear and specific reasonable threat against myself.

Bottom line, I'm not trying to say your wife is an evil person. I am saying that I think she over reacted in this instance.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    After reading the response from the lady involved I must restate that the action she took was unwarranted. There was no direct threat, according to her, of death or violence. Thus drawing a weapon is unwarranted. Her actions would be in direct conflict with what is required teaching in the NRA in the course "Personal Protection Outside the Home." If hubby is an instructor have him check the course syllabus, provided he's certified in personal protection. You will find the course teaches the actions of this lady were not recommended. But, the actions a person may take are directly related to their own knowledge, responsibility and training. I would strongly suggest to anyone carrying a gun for protection that they take a course in PP from a reputable, certified source. Not from their own family member. And remember there's a lawyer attached to your gun. Every time you draw it there is a risk of arrest. Only draw a gun when the threat is so great that you must ruin your life.
    Smashing things with a club doesn't indicate violence? How'd you get to be an instructor, if you can't read?
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Wife draws at Walmart

Post removed by user.

Some guy at the front of the store starts yelling at staff, and people throughout the store draw their weapon. Nothing but fodder for the anti-gun crowd, about trigger happy gun owners. (yes I know no shots were fired) and presume trigger safety was practiced,,,,,,,,,,, but for the liberal crowd, all they see is gun without a badge and they go nuts.

What if they took cell phone pics of civilians with weapon in hand over an outraged customer (which is understandable the way Wally world treats customers).

Unless this guy was heading your way, be a responsible CCW owner, and keep it in your pants.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

I don't believe she knew the guy had a club until after the fact.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast