Wife draws at Walmart - Page 11
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife draws at Walmart

Her saying, "I am now", does not imply that she is impersonating a cop! Get a grip, she was simply stating that she was going to defend and protect. As a CHL holder, I think she handled the situation very well, and did EXACTLY the right thing, and nobody got hurt! You go young lady!

3. Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    "woman next to here whispered, "are you a cop"? Which she replied, "I am now". " And this is what you instruct your students??? Impersonation of LEO is a crime in it self. Can't believe you would condone this. So <<what if>> a true LEO came up behind her whilst responding to the incident? The LEO would have had PC to escalate to the next level.
    Oh don't be an idiot. Her statement both indicated that she was not, that she may have to act if the situation warranted it, she placed herself (using that statement) into the proper mindset, and she placed herself, figurately, emotionally, and physically, between that other lady and possible harm. She behaved extremely well and should be congratulated for not only acting EXTREMELY competently but having the presence of mind to not only NOT escalate the situation but also to attempt to calm the people around her.

How about we just look at the facts. No disrespect to the original poster but since the lady is your wife your perspective is a bit skewed right from the start. Not a bad thing... I'd take the word of my wife over anyone, and I do mean anyone!, everyday of the week. But to get to just the scenario itself without any personal entanglements...

Despite the fact that there was a lot of yelling going on... was anyone actually in danger? Yes? No?

Even if the cops were called to handle the situation.. was anyone actually in danger? Yes? No? Remember.. just because the cops are called doesn't mean the situation represents a danger to anyone.

The dynamics of the situation... involving the facts, and only the facts, we have been given involving the situation in the original post are really quite simple...

Was the personal safety of the lady who was "some distance away" actually jeopardized? Yes? No?

Did the lady have access to an escape route? Yes? No?

Did the lady believe that if she intervened she could save innocent lives? Yes? No? And I understand this one is a judgement call....... involving personal ethics.

Did the lady have a clear shot if it was necessary to shoot to save lives? Could someone totally unaware walk out of the produce aisle into her line of fire at the last second Yes? No?

Hey... I wasn't there... but this much I can say without any reservation what so ever....

If there isn't any threat to my personal safety or the safety of someone I personally care about... then the person in danger can go get their own damn gun and use it to save their own damn life. I am NOT the protector of all the dumb ass idiots who think other people should save their asses for them. I am NOT a self righteous "sheepdog" that thinks he must step in to save dumb ass sheep... I am responsible for me and those I care about.. nothing else. Let the stupid sheep get their own damn guns.

If there is a life threatening situation in the canned soup aisle of Wal Mart while I'm shopping? I'm going to be busy in the frozen foods aisle. Whoever is in danger in the canned soup aisle (except if they are a child) can grow some balls and go get their own damn gun.

Is it harsh to let those who are unwilling to protect themselves end up suffering the results of an attack? Absolutely NOT! It is a statement of simple fact... if people aren't willing to take the steps to protect themselves why in the freaking hell would they expect someone else to do it for them? Would those weenies do anything to protect your loved ones? Or to protect YOU?

I think this all boils down to "perceived threat" and what that means to everyone. I am not talking about legal definitions here, just how one perceived a threat to themselves.
    I myself, would not necessarily perceived a lose dog running at me as a threat. I have friends who would panic and run like crazy in the same situation, terrified that they are about to be mauled! There is a minor example of how one person might perceive a situation, "threat", differently.
    There are countless reasons why two people my act differently under the same or similar circumstances. I think we need to take that into account when we review someones actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    If there isn't any threat to my personal safety or the safety of someone I personally care about... then the person in danger can go get their own damn gun and use it to save their own damn life. I am NOT the protector of all the dumb ass idiots who think other people should save their asses for them. I am NOT a self righteous "sheepdog" that thinks he must step in to save dumb ass sheep... I am responsible for me and those I care about.. nothing else. Let the stupid sheep get their own damn guns.

If there is a life threatening situation in the canned soup aisle of Wal Mart while I'm shopping? I'm going to be busy in the frozen foods aisle. Whoever is in danger in the canned soup aisle (except if they are a child) can grow some balls and go get their own damn gun.

Is it harsh to let those who are unwilling to protect themselves end up suffering the results of an attack? Absolutely NOT! It is a statement of simple fact... if people aren't willing to take the steps to protect themselves why in the freaking hell would they expect someone else to do it for them? Would those weenies do anything to protect your loved ones? Or to protect YOU?
    I think this kind of response is truly sad. The decline of humanity starts when we no longer care for others and only chose to help ourselves. I could not walk away knowing that I might have made a difference or helped saved a life.
    I am not speaking of the above situation. I am responding to your closing lines only.

I think its a sad that you would turn your back on your fellow man, only to let him suffer or die because he chose a different path.

I guess I am just the opposite of you. I have gone out of my way to help others while I watched people turn their backs on it. I guess its my nature.

No visual threat

Quote Originally Posted by CRConway View Post
    Oh don't be an idiot. Her statement both indicated that she was not, that she may have to act if the situation warranted it, she placed herself (using that statement) into the proper mindset, and she placed herself, figurately, emotionally, and physically, between that other lady and possible harm. She behaved extremely well and should be congratulated for not only acting EXTREMELY competently but having the presence of mind to not only NOT escalate the situation but also to attempt to calm the people around her.

Thanks for the name calling. You'll have to do better next post to gain my respect. After all the years in the Navy, been called everything other the a child of God. I've grown up to understand that people calling you a name is just a way not to respond to the actual facts. Usually Libtards utilize this strategy but don't know you well enough to start spewing out monikers.
    I'll say this for the last time..........There was no VISUAL confirmation on her part that a life threatening event was happening. ONLY, by the original post, she said she HEARD that something was going on. Heck, I've heard flatulence at WAL-MART that sounded like a 20 ga. going off. Did I draw my weapon? Am I to draw and engage every time I hear someone talking Ca-Ca? If she felt mortally threaten then fine. Let the courts sort it out. She'll have to PROVE that she had due cause because of an immanent threat.
    I mean no disrespect by my comments. I only am stating that further training should be paramount to further her education in civilian rules of engagement.
    I commend her for carrying and taking responsibility for her own safety/security. I just think she was wrong to draw (again per original post) and to spew something about "now I am". IMHO, THAT'S IN MY HUMBLE OPINION-KEY WORD OPINION
    I finally ADD that this is not a place to get slapped on the back, although can be. This site and the people who posts understand that this is a sharing, learning site. Your gonna get feed back from a lot of people. DON'T BE SO THIN SKINNED. Post, listen learn and give interaction. THAT's what it's all about.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    I think this kind of response is truly sad. The decline of humanity starts when we no longer care for others and only chose to help ourselves. I could not walk away knowing that I might have made a difference or helped saved a life.
    I am not speaking of the above situation. I am responding to your closing lines only.

I think its a sad that you would turn your back on your fellow man, only to let him suffer or die because he chose a different path.

I guess I am just the opposite of you. I have gone out of my way to help others while I watched people turn their backs on it. I guess its my nature.
    Actually it is the attitude that people should expect someone else to protect them that is truly sad. Each and every individual person is responsible for their own personal protection and it is the height of arrogance to expect someone else to put their lives (and expect their wives, kids, and grandkids, to suffer the consequences of the knight in shining armor coming to their rescue) on the line when they don't have the balls to man up and get their own damn gun.

I have helped others throughout my life too.. that isn't what is at stake in a life/death situation. What is at stake is if I intervene to help someone who isn't willing to help themselves then... my wife, my kids, and everyone who relies upon me for their future happiness and security ... is at the mercy of whatever happens to me just because some weenie coward didn't have the guts to take the steps to defend themselves and expected some dumb schumck like me (or you) to put their entire lives.. and the lives of everyone who depends on us... on the line to save their sorry arse.

Folks can jump in thinking they are some knight in shining armor to some stranger... me?... I'll be a knight in shining armor to my wife, my kids, my grandkids, by making sure I am very careful about who I help so I can stay out of prison.

Some dingbat making a stink in your face in Wal Mart and I'm "some distance away"? Get your own damn gun... I'm going to go somewhere else so I will still be available to my wife, kids, and grandkids.

Besides... after riding in to the thundering applause from everyone who thinks you did a great and noble thing (heard only by you)....none of those weenies you saved from death or worse...would so much as buy you lunch much less pay your attorney fees. Knowing you did a great deed is cold comfort to your wife who has to find a job to feed your kids while you are in prison.

Actually it is the attitude that people should expect someone else to protect them that is truly sad. Each and every individual person is responsible for their own personal protection and it is the height of arrogance to expect someone else to put their lives (and expect their wives, kids, and grandkids, to suffer the consequences of the knight in shining armor coming to their rescue) on the line when they don't have the balls to man up and get their own damn gun.

I have helped others throughout my life too.. that isn't what is at stake in a life/death situation. What is at stake is if I intervene to help someone who isn't willing to help themselves then... my wife, my kids, and everyone who relies upon me for their future happiness and security ... is at the mercy of whatever happens to me just because some weenie coward didn't have the guts to take the steps to defend themselves and expected some dumb schumck like me (or you) to put their entire lives.. and the lives of everyone who depends on us... on the line to save their sorry arse.

Folks can jump in thinking they are some knight in shining armor to some stranger... me?... I'll be a knight in shining armor to my wife, my kids, my grandkids, by making sure I am very careful about who I help so I can stay out of prison.

Some dingbat making a stink in your face in Wal Mart and I'm "some distance away"? Get your own damn gun... I'm going to go somewhere else so I will still be available to my wife, kids, and grandkids.

Besides... after riding in to the thundering applause from everyone who thinks you did a great and noble thing (heard only by you)....none of those weenies you saved from death or worse...would so much as buy you lunch much less pay your attorney fees. Knowing you did a great deed is cold comfort to your wife who has to find a job to feed your kids while you are in prison.
    Who is John Galt?
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

I have been repaid for my selfless help on many occasions, often, and most appreciated, being a thank you. I am sorry to hear you have not.

I guess you and I are just different in the way we view giving help when needed.
    I could never turn my back on a situation that would leave someone helpless.
    Who knows. Maybe the person didn't bring his gun for a quick stop at the 7/11.
    Maybe the wife forgot her pistol at home, in a different purse. Who knows? Doesn't mean I won't help any of the "sheeples". I just don't think they deserve being raped or robbed of beaten to death just because "they" chose not to carry a gun.
    You can walk away and no one will think any less of you. I can't walk away because I would never forgive myself if I did and I might have been able to make a difference.
    My Wife (no children) already knows how I feel about the above statements. She has come to terms with it. Why? Because she knows me and knows I won't turn my back on someone in need, or a situation that I might have been able to alter with my involvement.
    After the Colorado Movie shooting, you know what she said? She was thankful that we were NOT there because weapon or not, I would have gotten involved.
    We are just two separate "animals" I guess....

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Who is John Galt?
    "Who is John Galt?"

The phrase "Who Is John Galt" is spray-painted on this wall, graffiti style.
    The book's opening line "Who is John Galt?" becomes an expression of helplessness and despair at the current state of the novel's fictionalized world. Before finding the real John Galt, Dagny Taggart hears a number of legends of Galt. In one legend Galt seeks the lost island of Atlantis. In another he discovers the Fountain of Youth. After eventually joining his cause, she learns that all of the stories have an element of truth to them. Dagny Taggart named the Colorado spur of her railroad line the "John Galt Line" which surprised many people. She was asked "Who is John Galt?" to which she replied, "We are!"

Interpretation

The Galt character has been compared to various iconic figures from literature and history. In the novel itself, he is compared with Prometheus from the Greek myths. [1] Rand scholar Mimi Reisel Gladstein sees similarities to the figures of Arthur and Galahad from the Arthurian legends.[2] Parallells have also been drawn to Captain Nemo, the anti-hero of Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, who has likewise turned his back on "civilization" in self-imposed exile with a number of chosen allies, refusing to partake in a society he views as irrenconcilably evil and oppressive.[3]

Galt is not necessarily intended to be a rounded or realistic character; he has been called "more a symbol than a person"[4] and "two-dimensional."[5] Mimi Reisel Gladstein describes Galt as "more icon than character."[6] Rand's own notes indicate that she expected the character to have "[n]o progression" and "no inner conflict" because he was "integrated (indivisible) and perfect."[7]

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast