Wife draws at Walmart - Page 12
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 159

Thread: Wife draws at Walmart

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,355
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    I have been repaid for my selfless help on many occasions, often, and most appreciated, being a thank you. I am sorry to hear you have not.

    I guess you and I are just different in the way we view giving help when needed.
    I could never turn my back on a situation that would leave someone helpless.
    Who knows. Maybe the person didn't bring his gun for a quick stop at the 7/11.
    Maybe the wife forgot her pistol at home, in a different purse. Who knows? Doesn't mean I won't help any of the "sheeples". I just don't think they deserve being raped or robbed of beaten to death just because "they" chose not to carry a gun.
    You can walk away and no one will think any less of you. I can't walk away because I would never forgive myself if I did and I might have been able to make a difference.
    My Wife (no children) already knows how I feel about the above statements. She has come to terms with it. Why? Because she knows me and knows I won't turn my back on someone in need, or a situation that I might have been able to alter with my involvement.
    After the Colorado Movie shooting, you know what she said? She was thankful that we were NOT there because weapon or not, I would have gotten involved.
    We are just two separate "animals" I guess....



    Sent from behind enemy lines.
    Think very carefully about the part of your post I put in bold. And what your wife was actually telling you.

    Then ask yourself who you are most responsible for and to...........

    And just so we don't confuse the issue... we are talking about someone who is "some distance away" from the actual action where it isn't even known if there is a weapon involved or even if anyone has been actually threatened.... as per the original post... not someone actually under fire inside a theater... as per your example.

  2.   
  3. #112
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Think very carefully about the part of your post I put in bold. And what your wife was actually telling you.

    Then ask yourself who you are most responsible for and to...........
    I am well aware of what my wife meant. I clearly posted it in my last statement.
    I will help those I can. It's just who I am.


    Sent from behind enemy lines.

  4. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by docmath View Post
    Her saying, "I am now", does not imply that she is impersonating a cop! Get a grip, she was simply stating that she was going to defend and protect. As a CHL holder, I think she handled the situation very well, and did EXACTLY the right thing, and nobody got hurt! You go young lady!
    I'm sure that if the person asking was a LEO, they would disagree with that. Answering in the affirmative to the question"are you a cop" is saying you are a cop.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  5. #114
    question all the way back to the OP to ask his wife.

    Did the cops draw any weapon, baton, pepper spray, tazer, or firearm?
    Was the man arrested, or just told to leave and escorted from the store?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  6. #115
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    "Who is John Galt?"


    The phrase "Who Is John Galt" is spray-painted on this wall, graffiti style.
    The book's opening line "Who is John Galt?" becomes an expression of helplessness and despair at the current state of the novel's fictionalized world. Before finding the real John Galt, Dagny Taggart hears a number of legends of Galt. In one legend Galt seeks the lost island of Atlantis. In another he discovers the Fountain of Youth. After eventually joining his cause, she learns that all of the stories have an element of truth to them. Dagny Taggart named the Colorado spur of her railroad line the "John Galt Line" which surprised many people. She was asked "Who is John Galt?" to which she replied, "We are!"

    Interpretation

    The Galt character has been compared to various iconic figures from literature and history. In the novel itself, he is compared with Prometheus from the Greek myths. [1] Rand scholar Mimi Reisel Gladstein sees similarities to the figures of Arthur and Galahad from the Arthurian legends.[2] Parallells have also been drawn to Captain Nemo, the anti-hero of Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, who has likewise turned his back on "civilization" in self-imposed exile with a number of chosen allies, refusing to partake in a society he views as irrenconcilably evil and oppressive.[3]

    Galt is not necessarily intended to be a rounded or realistic character; he has been called "more a symbol than a person"[4] and "two-dimensional."[5] Mimi Reisel Gladstein describes Galt as "more icon than character."[6] Rand's own notes indicate that she expected the character to have "[n]o progression" and "no inner conflict" because he was "integrated (indivisible) and perfect."[7]


    Sent from behind enemy lines.
    My point being the we, the individual, is responsible for our own actions. My simplicity sometimes gets convoluted by those that do not see what I see. Understandable, and actually my fault, in not expressing my point in a more finite point. But that is me, the individual. The only thing the Bill of Rights is supposed to protect, the individual. Hence why the mass exodus from Europe some couple hundred years ago. But I digress.........
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

  7. #116
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    I think this kind of response is truly sad. The decline of humanity starts when we no longer care for others and only chose to help ourselves. I could not walk away knowing that I might have made a difference or helped saved a life.
    I am not speaking of the above situation. I am responding to your closing lines only.

    I think its a sad that you would turn your back on your fellow man, only to let him suffer or die because he chose a different path.

    I guess I am just the opposite of you. I have gone out of my way to help others while I watched people turn their backs on it. I guess its my nature.
    I knew this post was coming. I didn’t know who was going to post it but I knew it was coming.

    I know what I want say here but I’m not sure exactly how to say it. Carrying a firearm for self defense does not invest me with the code of Bushi-Do and the worst thing I can do is to believe it has.

    I’ve seen far too many people on this forum and others that believe that the mere fact that I’ve taken steps to enhance my personal safety (as well as that of my family) some how obligates me to stand watch over society.

    The thing that bothers me here is that because I would choose not to involve myself in the situation described in the OP it somehow means that I’d stand there and watch someone beat your grandma to death in the Wal Mart parking lot.

    Ultimately I have to go back to what the OP’s wife said “I am (a cop) now”. Maybe it was facetious maybe it wasn’t but I really do believe there are a whole bunch of folks out there packin’ heat and just waiting for their “I am now” moment. It’s like their whole life’s mission is to be “The hero” and IMO that's really, really bad mindset to have because it's going to cause you to escalate a situation that didn't need to be escalated
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  8. #117
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837
    You had to know that post was coming sooner or later.
    The real answer is that there are an infinite amount of variables that cannot be considered in a bubble.
    Only "YOU" can know what you will do when or if the situation arises.

    Nice to "see you" Treo! It's been a while.


    Sent from behind enemy lines.

  9. #118
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8gunz View Post
    OF COURSE!!! Whatever you say doctor. I fully agree that amputees, cripples and anyone confined to a wheelchair or on crutches or tethered to an oxygen cart have no business in Walmart much less carrying a weapon.

    I have no doubt you're a great instructor. I think I will include all my NRA certs in every post so I appear more right about everything.
    I guess I hit a nerve. And I don't care about those BS credentials. What's really important isn't listed. I teach a PP class for those in wheelchairs so settle down. Simply put, the gal did not handle the situation correctly. End of conversation. Go to your course syllabus and tell me where, as an instructor, you teach people to do this. Conversation is over. You never had an argument.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  10. #119
    Hello! Some folks seem too busy sniping to read what the lady wrote. The police arrived with guns drawn....that's a strong sign that firearms were in order for the situation. The lady who said she wasn't a cop was a friend that knew her...that's a friend talking to a friend....no possibility of impersonation...particularly with her own description of herself. If the crazy man had swung his club at someone I'd for sure be leaping into the fray breaking all the NRA rules too... when it comes to choosing between compliance with the rules or the outcome of keeping people alive I'm gonna go with outcome every time. The possibility of lawyers emerging isn't gonna deter me from helping someone who's life is in danger.

    This forum amazes me in so many ways....from the name calling to the wild "what if" speculation....

    Kinda reminds me of when we were having a lot of burglary and drug activity in an apartment complex. In the wee hours there was a lot of banging. I got up to get my service revolver and investigate but the wife was terrified and begged me not to go out. I didn't. In the morning she found her best friend's car was stolen and it wasn't found until a week later - stripped in the desert. Next time we had a disturbance she told me to "Get out there!" And of course she knew I was a trained LEO and could probably handle the situation...but maybe not and maybe some lawyer would fry me for what I did or didn't do...

    Good Job Lady....good job.....

  11. #120
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    question all the way back to the OP to ask his wife.

    Did the cops draw any weapon, baton, pepper spray, tazer, or firearm?
    Was the man arrested, or just told to leave and escorted from the store?
    Read post #86 (OP's wife) or #118 (summation of 86). Cops came in firearms drawn, an arrest was made.

    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I knew this post was coming. I didn’t know who was going to post it but I knew it was coming.

    I know what I want say here but I’m not sure exactly how to say it. Carrying a firearm for self defense does not invest me with the code of Bushi-Do and the worst thing I can do is to believe it has.

    I’ve seen far too many people on this forum and others that believe that the mere fact that I’ve taken steps to enhance my personal safety (as well as that of my family) some how obligates me to stand watch over society.

    The thing that bothers me here is that because I would choose not to involve myself in the situation described in the OP it somehow means that I’d stand there and watch someone beat your grandma to death in the Wal Mart parking lot.

    Ultimately I have to go back to what the OP’s wife said “I am (a cop) now”. Maybe it was facetious maybe it wasn’t but I really do believe there are a whole bunch of folks out there packin’ heat and just waiting for their “I am now” moment. It’s like their whole life’s mission is to be “The hero” and IMO that's really, really bad mindset to have because it's going to cause you to escalate a situation that didn't need to be escalated
    Treo bud, you missed post #34...I was all ready called out for that mindset. Apparently I'm not a human being for loving my family more than a stranger.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast