Wife draws at Walmart - Page 16
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Wife draws at Walmart

I wasn't there. Does not sound like responsible behavior to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy62 View Post
    I wasn't there. Does not sound like responsible behavior to me.
    Succinct and to the point
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    people have to learn or be taught that having a concealed carry permit does not make them into LEOs cops or superheroes.
    the need to realize that all they are, are people with permits to carry a firearm.
    If they choose to use their weapon to defend themselves from imminent threats, so be it! if they start to get the mindset that they need to intervene in incidents that they are a witness to, they are asking for troubles. YMMV
    Do you not realize that is one of the reasons to have a CCW permit, to protect yourself . "as well as other< to wit: "the public" from death or serious bodily injury. How would you feel If someone with a CCW permit stood by and "watched" as a criminal attacked you inflicting serious (life threatening) injuries to you? I"m sure you would ask:" Why did he/she not do anything to help me?" I have CCW and would gladly use my weapon to defend the life of anyone at anytime, period!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Puddle jumper, should of known it. You're DOT and have this idea of being a LEO but in actuality you're just another active duty member that thinks that your training encompasses all. While I thank you for your service. I take pause , again, that your view is skewed. UNDERSTAND THIS; without that training you'd be unable to handle most situations. MOST civilians DO NOT have this type of training nor understand the legal ramifications of engagement.
    The Coast Guard operates under DHS/DOD not under DOT. Some of the Coast Guard's main functions on the Southern Coast are drug interdiction and immigration. How is that not LE?

I think your view is just as skewed as anybody else's.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    The Coast Guard operates under DHS/DOD not under DOT. Some of the Coast Guard's main functions on the Southern Coast are drug interdiction and immigration. How is that not LE?

I think your view is just as skewed as anybody else's.
    Thanks jcreek, I didn't want to dignify his response by commenting. I had faith that there were others that would get it. Another point is that most in this forum that have some sort of CCL have had training that will at least inform them of the applicable state laws. Since they are so varied, a general comment on a situation like this could actually be harmful rather than helpful.

7. I agree. I like the way she handled this. No malice of LEO impersonation intended. Just someone willing to take a stand. Good job!

Bravo to Your Wife, Safe and Smart!!!
    NRA,NAGR,NGO
    "...to disarm the people ― that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380)

She was simply ready. If the Nutcase would have drawn a weapon and started shooting she was ready. I would rather have my gun in my hand and be ready than to hit the deck then try to draw and take position. She was ready.
    As for her statement, Neither here nor there, it just was. You have no idea what your going to say in a stressful situation. Her statement was clearly in anticipation of having to protect and defend.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Thanks to all for the support and positive feedback. The wife really appreciates it. The nay-sayers and nit-pickers can go spit.
    All The Best
    Gunz

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516