Wife draws at Walmart - Page 8
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife draws at Walmart

Is it me or is it most of those that posted that she did the "right" thing have less then 200 posts? Me thinks that some, if not most, posts come from those that creped inside the wire. Just MHO. Trolls on steroids. Again JMHO.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by bigb360 View Post
    It'd be as easy as saying she didn't mean it literally. Good grief.

+1 on this...give her a break!!

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Is it me or is it most of those that posted that she did the "right" thing have less then 200 posts? Me thinks that some, if not most, posts come from those that creped inside the wire. Just MHO. Trolls on steroids. Again JMHO.
    Most.... But not all.

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    While I honestly do commend your wife for carrying her concealed sidearm and I also applaud her for being 'prepared to act', I do have a few sincere questions/comments in regards to your above statements which I highlighted in bold.

1) Does some "crazy guy screaming & cursing at staff" = Deadly Threat?
    2) If she was "not sure that he was armed", then why did she feel it necessary to draw her sidearm?
    3) If someone said "Call 911", does that always = A Deadly Threat?
    4) You stated that your wife was "some distance from the action"...Does that mean that she could not clearly see what was happening?
    5) Is it wise to pull out your sidearm into a 'ready stance' while concealed 'some distance away from the action' while not being able to clearly see what's actually going on?
    6) Is it wise to respond to a bystanders question of "Are you a cop?" with the reply of "I am now."? Because she 'Is Not' actually a cop is she? What if that same bystander would have informed the responding LEO's that your wife "Said she was a cop"? Could that not be a problem if TSHTF?
    7) According to your own statement, she was "A Nervous Wreck", yet you also added that she "Acted Properly & Confidently".
    I honestly have to 'somewhat' disagree with your assessment of her actions in this situation.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here, just my .02 cents.
    Outlaw, you made several lucid points. A few that I think could be added are
    8) She went with her gut, which is what she would have to articulate if questioned about the situation. Articulation can = justification.
    9) Combined with what she heard and saw, someone else being scared enough to say "call 911" prompted her REACTION (not action)
    10) The fact that when the LEO's showed up they "subdued the guy" gives credence to her estimation of the possible threat.

After Newtown there were basically 2 schools of thought. Ban all guns everywhere and make them illegal, or, one armed person at the right time could have made a difference instead of waiting for LEO's to show up. Considering everything, I feel she did well. I think what she said was irrelevant, but if someone had made a stink about it a brain dead public defender could explain that it was sarcasm, and that if the other person didn't get it that's just too damn bad.
    Chief

Really? If posts like the one above count towards "experience" I bow to your sage wiseliness...

10) The fact that when the LEO's showed up they "subdued the guy" gives credence to her estimation of the possible threat.
    But what the hell does "subdued the guy" mean. I witnessed some jackwagon giving someone a ration of sh!t, yelling, ranting, cussing, and pretty much was subdued when a cop showed up.

That can be anything from a Rodney King beat down, to some jerk that simply STFU when a cop show up. Either way one could say "they subdued the guy".

And I'll bet ya, the cops didn't pull their firearms.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Most need to bow out of this thread and secure further training. Not being rude, just saying.

Most need to bow out of this thread and secure further training. Not being rude, just saying.
    Really? Need to clean my monitor, I keep missing the instructor tag behind your name.

The great thing about threads like this is the discussion and possible learning experience. But then you have those who decide the only decisions that are correct are their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Icemanii View Post
    Really? Need to clean my monitor, I keep missing the instructor tag behind your name.

The great thing about threads like this is the discussion and possible learning experience. But then you have those who decide the only decisions that are correct are their own.
    Yes, but some of us are making observations based in training and experience. The hope is that those without experience learn from us.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Not saying this isn't a good learning tool. I am saying that this thread was started by someone with a instructed moniker next to his name. For him to be jubilan about his wife drawing her weapon without due cause,i.e. no visual danger just what she heard,. To me is ludicrous.
    Then all the cowboys jump on the band wagon in support of a bad incident. YES , this should be a learning tool BUT let's ensure this is what not to do. Were I'm from she would have been changed with brandishing a weapon.
    Thanks for the feed back.:-)

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast