Wife draws at Walmart
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife draws at Walmart

Wife draws at Walmart

Wife was shopping in a local Walmart earlier today when a crazy guy came in screaming profanity and issuing orders to the staff. Not sure if he was armed. Somebody said, "call 911" at which time my wife, who was some distance from the action, drew her Ruger .40 from her IWB and kept it pointed downward in a ready stance concealed behind a structure. A woman next to here whispered, "are you a cop"? Which she replied, "I am now". The cops came and subdued the guy and elliminated the threat so she simply reholstered and checked out. She was a nervous wreck but she acted properly and confidently. SHE DONE GOOD!!

Bravo Zulu
    All The Best
    Gunz

"woman next to here whispered, "are you a cop"? Which she replied, "I am now". " And this is what you instruct your students??? Impersonation of LEO is a crime in it self. Can't believe you would condone this. So <<what if>> a true LEO came up behind her whilst responding to the incident? The LEO would have had PC to escalate to the next level.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

4. It'd be as easy as saying she didn't mean it literally. Good grief.

5. Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    "woman next to here whispered, "are you a cop"? Which she replied, "I am now". " And this is what you instruct your students??? Impersonation of LEO is a crime in it self. Can't believe you would condone this. So <<what if>> a true LEO came up behind her whilst responding to the incident? The LEO would have had PC to escalate to the next level.
    Actually, in saying, "I am now" she implied that she wasn't, but she was going to act in a manner to protect. At least that's how I take it and I believe anybody who heard her would think the same thing. It was a very short and concise way to state what she needed to say, with a little Bruce Willis cynicism to boot. :)

6. Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    While I realize we only have a small bit of info on what happened here, given what the post says I don't believe the woman was attempting to impersonate an officer, nor had any intention of doing so. Whether she was right to draw her gun, I don't know. But then again I was not there to see what went on. But to the person who posted the above reply, I think what you said may be out of line.

That's what a LAW abiding citizen can and should do! She did everything right...concealed herself, and took aim at the criminal...PERFECT, nobody got hurt, yet she was ready! Great job! YOU make us CHL's holders proud. That's what it's all about...defending innocent people and stopping the bad guys! You're awesome!

BTW, She was not impersonating a cop, she was saying that she was taking control of the situation...so grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by docmath View Post
    That's what a LAW abiding citizen can and should do! She did everything right...concealed herself, and took aim at the criminal...PERFECT, nobody got hurt, yet she was ready! Great job! YOU make us CHL's holders proud. That's what it's all about...defending innocent people and stopping the bad guys! You're awesome!
    She didn't take aim at anyone. She didn't stop anyone. She was hiding with her firearm ready, that's why it was right. Did you not read the op?

If someone doesn't care enough to defend their life, how can someone else do so for them? My firearm is for my life and my family's life. Period.

Glad she is safe and protected herself, the way it should be.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

people have to learn or be taught that having a concealed carry permit does not make them into LEOs cops or superheroes.
    the need to realize that all they are, are people with permits to carry a firearm.
    If they choose to use their weapon to defend themselves from imminent threats, so be it! if they start to get the mindset that they need to intervene in incidents that they are a witness to, they are asking for troubles. YMMV

I think she handled the situation perfectly.

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast