"Hey little mama, You see this knife?" ~S. Wallace~ - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Hey little mama, You see this knife?" ~S. Wallace~

Another happy ending with the mad dog being put down with a point blank shot to the head. No fuss. Mo Muss. No taxpayer dollars consumed taking care of the POS.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ArmoredG22 View Post
    Bloviated? So all I have to do is put IMVHO at the end of everything I write and I'll be given a free pass for anything written? I share my opinion, get attacked for it and im the pompous one? Look in the mirror before passing judgment. We're all entitled to think what we want. You're no better than I or the next poster Outlaw. Go make your own website and control what's written. Sexist? You know nothing about me. Real Christian attitude ya have there. I'll be sure to avoid your posts because you are nothing short of narcissistic. When all is said and done you will have done nothing to help further the second amendment or gun ownership by living on USA Carry, making snide comments and judgments toward people who are on here for the same reason as you. Ha what a laughable gun community we have here.
    The truth hurts eh?

Have a nice day.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Ha nice retort, ill take the win :D

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow

Ha nice retort, ill take the win :D
    I didn't realize that we were in a competition.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Blog Entries
    Lol this guy is too much. You sure got thin skin "armored"g22

ezkl2230 Guest
    Your friend and your child are two complete opposites. And if you watched the video you'd see that she was looking at products when he took her. You can act like the toughest SOB on the planet here in this forum. But none of us would know what we would really do in that situation. Don't know if I'd wanna cowboy up when a man has a knife pointing at my child's neck. In real life nobody's that fast and your fight or flight mechanisms would make taking that shot pretty damn hard. I can't take people who think they will be unaffected by everything seriously.
    I'm 6' 2", 370 lbs. My wife calls me her teddy bear. When we watched the movie, RED, together and Helen Mirren's character calls Bruce Willis' character "gooey," she looked at me with one of those quirky smiles and said, "that's you!"

She will also be the first to tell you that, when confronted with an emergency situation, especially one involving my wife or kids, a switch is thrown in my brain and I become as cold and calculating as anyone you could ever wish not to run into. Those are the kinds of scenarios for which I train - the worst case scenarios. AFTER the situation has been resolved, I fall to pieces.

how would her carrying have helped the situation? she didn't see him take her daughter, she noticed after he had the girl. Is she going to pull a gun and make the man all the more crazy and intent on hurting her daughter? I don't think so. I think it went down as it should have done.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    You bloviated;

"I'm just saying that arming a hysterical woman would not work out for anyone."

You sir are a sexist.
    Any woman is more than capable of handling a firearm in a self-defense situation with just a little training imvho.

sex·ism (skszm)
    n.
    1. Discrimination based on gender, especially discrimination against women.
    2. Attitudes, conditions, or behaviors that promote stereotyping of social roles based on gender.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe the keyword in that sentence was "hysterical" and not "woman." If it were a hysterical man I wouldn't expect a firearm to help in that situation either. Does that make me sexist against males?

The reason a firearm worked for the police was that they weren't hysterical. They were calm and collected, they made a choice and executed their actions.

I'd like to think I have trained enough that I would act like the police if my son was held at knife point..but I've never been in that situation...and I hope I never am so I will never find out.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

I truly send my prayers to that family for going through such an ordeal. I truly pray that the little girl will not be traumatized by this event, nor her sister and mother. And I truly pray that this officer will be able to mentally get over having to shoot a person in the head to save the little girl.

We can debate and posture all we want on whether "we" could have stopped this from happening. Fact of the matter is, it did happen, many people were affected by this and time will tell how they truly fair from this event. I'm glad the BG isn't able to do this to anyone else, but do you think any news media will follow up and let us know how this officer is doing 6 months to a year from now. Do you think the media will let us know how the little girl, her sister and her mother are doing a few years down the road?

This event sucked. There is nothing good about it. Could it have turned a lot worse, yes. If people wish to call that good or say this was a happy ending *shrugs*, ok go for it. But the end hasn't come for the cop, the little girl, the sister, nor the mother. They now have to carry on and deal with this mentally.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123