"Hey little mama, You see this knife?" ~S. Wallace~
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Hey little mama, You see this knife?" ~S. Wallace~

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Exclamation "Hey little mama, You see this knife?" ~S. Wallace~

While an unsuspecting mother's back was turned away for a few seconds, a complete stranger walked up to her shopping cart and abducted her 2-year-old daughter from the cart.
    The suspect then said, "Hey, little mamma. You see this knife?”
    The Mother of the abducted child then became hysterical...She began screaming, pleading with the suspect to let her daughter go, but he would not as he continued to hold the child at knife-point.

http://www.today.com/news/mom-tot-ta...ife-6C10523331

I'm guessing that this lady did not have a concealed handgun on her person.
    She's very lucky that her daughter was not kidnapped or killed.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post

While an unsuspecting mother's back was turned away for a few seconds, a complete stranger walked up to her shopping cart and abducted her 2-year-old daughter from the cart.
    The suspect then said, "Hey, little mamma. You see this knife?”
    The Mother of the abducted child then became hysterical...She began screaming, pleading with the suspect to let her daughter go, but he would not as he continued to hold the child at knife-point.

Mom of tot taken hostage at Wal-Mart: I begged for her life - TODAY.com

I'm guessing that this lady did not have a concealed handgun on her person.
    She's very lucky that her daughter was not kidnapped or killed.
    This is why people should be armed. Against wacko's like this. They're everywhere, no time to wait for LEO to show up. This time it ended well. But you know for everyone we know of there's a bunch more waiting and waiting for their chance.
    Did you notice the man with the cart, cutting the man with the child off? Brave guy, to bad nobody mentioned him.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Not sure everyone should be armed. The mother was hysterical, don't know too many people who would take that shot with their kid being held hostage on top of being hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmoredG22 View Post
    Not sure everyone should be armed. The mother was hysterical, don't know too many people who would take that shot with their kid being held hostage on top of being hysterical.
    But would she have been hysterical if she had been armed? Probably not; she would have equated carrying a gun with being able to protect her children.
    TANSTAAFL

Someone mentioned in another forum that this was most likely a case of "suicide by cop". (I think they may be right.)
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

7. I wish someday we, of the conceal and open carry community, will stop attributing the simple act of carrying as the end all to any criminal act that happens. There is very, very, very little probability that any person under the same circumstances as this woman would have been able to stop this man if only they were carrying. He had the knife to the child's throat and the only thing preventing him from slitting it open was the non-threatening position the police were presenting to him. It took the combined effort of distracting him along with an officer coming from behind/beside to put this lunatic down. If he had seen the mom pull out a weapon concealed or not, her child would be dead before she pulled the trigger, let alone had time to aim and not risk her own child's life.

Quote Originally Posted by ingeniir View Post
    I wish someday we, of the conceal and open carry community, will stop attributing the simple act of carrying as the end all to any criminal act that happens. There is very, very, very little probability that any person under the same circumstances as this woman would have been able to stop this man if only they were carrying. He had the knife to the child's throat and the only thing preventing him from slitting it open was the non-threatening position the police were presenting to him. It took the combined effort of distracting him along with an officer coming from behind/beside to put this lunatic down. If he had seen the mom pull out a weapon concealed or not, her child would be dead before she pulled the trigger, let alone had time to aim and not risk her own child's life.
    It seemed to have worked for the cop to have settled it with a gun. More than likely it was suicide by cop, that's why the countdown.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by ArmoredG22 View Post
    I would have shot him long before he had her in his arms. He shows knife, he reaches for my daughter, he dies right there.

In addition, people who carry need to be more capable of keeping their composure. Yes, if someone has a knife to your child's throat your going to have a flood of emotions like fear and anger but you need to be able to funnel those emotions into solving the problem however you have too and instead becoming hysterical.

If you see your friend get shot in the face, do you freeze up in shock and wait to die too, or do you react immediately and counter the threat?

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ingeniir View Post
    I wish someday we, of the conceal and open carry community, will stop attributing the simple act of carrying as the end all to any criminal act that happens. There is very, very, very little probability that any person under the same circumstances as this woman would have been able to stop this man if only they were carrying. He had the knife to the child's throat and the only thing preventing him from slitting it open was the non-threatening position the police were presenting to him. It took the combined effort of distracting him along with an officer coming from behind/beside to put this lunatic down. If he had seen the mom pull out a weapon concealed or not, her child would be dead before she pulled the trigger, let alone had time to aim and not risk her own child's life.
    But it was indeed a properly used sidearm that stopped the threat & ended the criminal activity was it not?
    So your entire post is quite moot imvho.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Your friend and your child are two complete opposites. And if you watched the video you'd see that she was looking at products when he took her. You can act like the toughest SOB on the planet here in this forum. But none of us would know what we would really do in that situation. Don't know if I'd wanna cowboy up when a man has a knife pointing at my child's neck. In real life nobody's that fast and your fight or flight mechanisms would make taking that shot pretty damn hard. I can't take people who think they will be unaffected by everything seriously.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast