"Put your gun away" - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Put your gun away"

Blog Entries
    Your number one priority is your family's safety. Screw the dispatcher. She's nice and safe in a building full of cops and you were not. Good job.

Good job, m'am. As we have recently learned, dispatchers may offer advice, either good or bad, but I'm not aware of a state in which they can issue a lawful order.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Your number one priority is your family's safety. Screw the dispatcher. She's nice and safe in a building full of cops and you were not. Good job.
    Probably even safer than having cops around. The county EOC here, which houses all agencies in the county except the highway patrol is located in a stand alone secure facility with multiple layers of security.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

You did perfectly, way to protect your loved ones!

"We don't need you to do that."

Quote Originally Posted by Charli View Post
    A few days ago my son and I had just went to bed when we heard the side storm door open and someone on the other side trying to open the main door. My son ran in my room and said, 'get the gun mom, someone is trying to come in'. That is what I did, then went where I could view the door that he was trying to enter and kept the gun on ready while calling 911. We stayed at the ready while the police were on the way, and when they got close the 911 dispatcher said, 'ok, they are close. Can you put your gun away now?' I said, 'no mam, but I will as soon as I see them at my door and I know for sure it is them'. When the police came into my driveway the would be intruder started through my back yard clad in only his boxers... obviously he was geeked up on something. He jumped the fence and got away. As we watched this action from safe inside the house we remained armed. It was not until the police were on my doorsteps that I returned the gun to safety and placed it in my pocket.
    I understand the dispatcher asking me to put my gun away for the safety of the officers, but I also understand the burglar could have tried to retreat to inside my home when he ran. What would you have done in this situation?
    C
    You did exactly what I would have done in a similar situation...in my opinion, a good decision.

8. I would have done the same thing. Your first responsability is to you and those who live with you. I had a similar situation. Same end result. Except the dispatcher did not ask me to put the gun away. They did not know I had a gun. They did not ask. I did not tell.

Bill

9. Excellent job, I can't add much but thanks for doing it right

Quote Originally Posted by OngoingFreedom View Post
    "We don't need you to do that."
    She wasn't following them, she wasn't advancing toward them, she was in a defensive mode inside.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    She wasn't following them, she wasn't advancing toward them, she was in a defensive mode inside.
    I don't think you understood my post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast