"Put your gun away" - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Put your gun away"

Quote Originally Posted by OngoingFreedom View Post
    I don't think you understood my post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think you understand your post, because in her case the dispatcher was wrong.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    I don't think you understand your post, because in her case the dispatcher was wrong.
    Allow me to explain.

In both cases the dispatchers were making requests, not orders.

In both cases an order would not be lawful.

4. I think you did the right thing. That thug could have been in your house in the time between the dispatcher's request and the arrival of the police.

You did the right thing. It appears that everyone else thinks that also!

6. Yeah, you did the right thing, their were a situation that a lady dial 911 and the lady said that a intruder was coming into the house and was even in the house. The 911 operator said the police is on his way and to put you gun down, and she did, the intruder came in where she was located and kill her, true story. The intruder had kill her and took what he wanted and left, then the police show up. If she hadn't put the gun down she would probably be alive today.

Thank you all for your support. My son and I both felt like this was a good 'drill' for us and it reassured us that we can do what we need to stay safe in this type of situation. We have definitely been more on alert since this occurred. C

Quote Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
    Yeah, you did the right thing, their were a situation that a lady dial 911 and the lady said that a intruder was coming into the house and was even in the house. The 911 operator said the police is on his way and to put you gun down, and she did, the intruder came in where she was located and kill her, true story. The intruder had kill her and took what he wanted and left, then the police show up. If she hadn't put the gun down she would probably be alive today.
    Mojoman: My son and I saw this situation you described on a show called 'Panic911'. After our situation was over with and my son and I discussed how we managed it, that is what came to mind for both of us... the fact that the lady on that TV program would have most likely been 100% safe if she had just kept her gun in her hand.

WTG. Would have done the same as you did.

Quote Originally Posted by OngoingFreedom View Post
    Allow me to explain.

In both cases the dispatchers were making requests, not orders.

In both cases an order would not be lawful.

One dispatcher made a reasonable request, the other one not so much.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

11. Quote Originally Posted by Charli View Post
    Mojoman: My son and I saw this situation you described on a show called 'Panic911'. After our situation was over with and my son and I discussed how we managed it, that is what came to mind for both of us... the fact that the lady on that TV program would have most likely been 100% safe if she had just kept her gun in her hand.

Awesome, now that's what I'm talking about, glad you and the family were safe.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast