"Put your gun away" - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: "Put your gun away"

Nice job... and had to laugh, haven't seen or heard the term "geeked up" in a long time. Too funny!

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

3. I completely agree.. I wouldn't consider myself safe after an event like that until I can see a badge through the peephole. In the end decide for yourself. I'd just rather not take a chance.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using USA Carry mobile app

A safe room with a camera system showing main areas of the inside and outside of your home would be a good investment. Alarm bell to save the paint and wood trim on your exterior doors, while guys in their underwear are trying to break in would also be helpful.

5. I think your response to the dispatcher was perfect.

6. I believe you did exactly right. YOU are ultimately responsible for your family's protection, not the 911 operator. Law enforcement is tatally useless until they are physically on site,

Sent from my GT-P5113 using USA Carry mobile app

Why would you put your gun away? I would have done what you did. Gun in my hands until cops were knocking at the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock20 View Post
    A safe room with a camera system showing main areas of the inside and outside of your home would be a good investment. Alarm bell to save the paint and wood trim on your exterior doors, while guys in their underwear are trying to break in would also be helpful.
    But how safe, bullet proof, fire proof, own air supply At what expense? At what point does it end? And what do renters do?

I'd much rather invest in a gun I can rely on, than spend thousands, perhaps 10's of thousands on a room to hide in like a quaking libtard.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

9. Today a local sherrif pulled a guy over. The guy got out and started shooting at the sheriff just missing him. The sheriff was able to return fire quickly killing the man. This all happened before the sheriff could get out of the car. You dod the correct thong and the 911 operator was wrong. Seconds can be the difference between life and death

Safe rooms are expensive and not effective. Cameras can be destroyed and your "eyes" are gone. Best is to designate a room where all can gather so you can account for everyone, if time permits. If not drills and practice are vital. And a good reliable firearm to protect yourself and family. Again, you did right keeping your gun out and vigilant to any threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock20 View Post
    Certainly not practical for the average Joe (or Jane) :) I will continue with my current plan. It seemed to work out for the best.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast