Anti gun fiancé taking a handgun safety course.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti gun fiancé taking a handgun safety course.

1. Anti gun fiancé taking a handgun safety course.

I'm so happy that my fiancé has decided to take a handgun familiarization and safety class. Hopefully she will also become a convert and get some of her friends to start shooting.
    As I'm writing this she just told me that she already has a friend going with her. Sweet! I just wanted to rave about my girl. I've never posted a thread before so I hope I didi it right and didn't upset anyone.

good news always welcomed here ......and welcome aboard as well
    gun control is being able to hit your target

BigMike,

Welcome to the forums and congrats on bringing another one back from the dark side. Hopefully, she will start to realize what all her God given rights are.

Hope to hear more from you in the future.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Congrats Big Mike, its always nice when your lady likes to shoot, I'm lucky mine also like motorcycles
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    Congrats Big Mike, its always nice when your lady likes to shoot, I'm lucky mine also like motorcycles
    I took my girl for her first ride approx. 20 min. Our next ride was almost 8 hours and she loves it. She's hooked.

Congrats! The best way I've seen to get people to not be anti-gun is to convince them to take a shooting class. Just make sure to be patient with her; it's hard for everyone to change their mind.
    Owner, Nexus Defensive Training
    Next class offered: Utah/Arizona/Iowa 4-Hour Concealed Firearms Permit Course in Ames, IA
    For more info or to register online: www.nexusdefensivetraining.com

Good for you BigMike. She'll love it once she tries it. She won't be anti-gun for long. Hey ... I've got both you and rocketgeezer beat! My wife and I both rode before starting a family. About 6-7 years ago, once the kid was old enough to ride as a passenger, she suggested we get bikes again. Then, when our daughter turned 16, we sent her to the motorcycle safety course and again at my wife's suggestion, we got her a bike. Finally, in the past couple weeks, my wife suggested that we need to save up some money.... because we need more guns! I love my wife!

That's the nice thing about husbands... they seem to not mind if you want to buy more guns! My wonderful husband just offered to buy me more jeans for Christmas to make it easier for me to carry! Sadly for me, there's only one line of one brand I can wear (still hoping to find some more...), and they're expensive.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    That's the nice thing about husbands... they seem to not mind if you want to buy more guns! My wonderful husband just offered to buy me more jeans for Christmas to make it easier for me to carry! Sadly for me, there's only one line of one brand I can wear (still hoping to find some more...), and they're expensive.
    While my response was regarding guns and motorcycles, that was in response to other posts. I have no problem if she wants to buy more fishing gear (she's more avid about fishing than I am), or kayak/boating gear, camping supplies/equip, patio stuff, household stuff, etc, etc, etc.... she's not a clothes horse, nor is she into jewelry. As long as we can afford it, I have no problem. We've had a lot of fun over the past three+ decades together...there was no implication that only her affinity for guns was important. If that was the only thing in common, we'd have been apart long ago. My point was more along the lines that while we don't always agree, for the most part, we both have similar interests...and for that, I love my wife....the guns, Bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    While my response was regarding guns and motorcycles, that was in response to other posts. I have no problem if she wants to buy more fishing gear (she's more avid about fishing than I am), or kayak/boating gear, camping supplies/equip, patio stuff, household stuff, etc, etc, etc.... she's not a clothes horse, nor is she into jewelry. As long as we can afford it, I have no problem. We've had a lot of fun over the past three+ decades together...there was no implication that only her affinity for guns was important. If that was the only thing in common, we'd have been apart long ago. My point was more along the lines that while we don't always agree, for the most part, we both have similar interests...and for that, I love my wife....the guns, Bonus.
    I didn't think you meant it any other way... I just figured you focused on the guns because, well, here we are on a gun forum! And motorcycles had been mentioned, too. It's the same with me and my husband... the guns are just a fun new hobby/way to protect myself while my husband is away, and a way to get out and do something that doesn't constantly remind me that I'm missing my partner. Plus, he gets peace of mind that I can take care of myself and our son when he can't. I'm with your wife, too... the only clothes I'm interested in are camping/hiking clothes, and the ones that allow me to carry concealed! Hence the excitement over jeans... lol
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast