What is the best handgun with the least kick?
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best handgun with the least kick?

1. What is the best handgun with the least kick?

I have never owned a handgun so I want one that easy to use but one that has safety features too. I don't want it to have a lot of kickback. My husband has a 9mm but it's too heavy for me. I want to be able to take it with me so I'm looking for something that's not too bulky.

visit Cornered Cat | If you have to fight, fight like a cornered cat., it is a site geared towards female shooters

Consider a .380ACP if 9mm kicks too much. Personally, recoil doesn't bother me. Some people just take time to get used to it.. that said, if you want to try a 9mm with less recoil, look at the Beretta Px4 Storm and Storm Compact (not the sub-compact model because it lacks this reature) Both have a rotating barrel design that reduces felt recoil, and both have external, manual safeties.
    PS, pretty much every modern firearm has safety features, including a rolling pin that prevents the gun from discharging if dropped (have to have your finger on the trigger to shoot it) and quite often, a very heavy first trigger pull which acts as a safety too.. but the best safety feature on any gun is you. Learn the 4 basic rules of handgun safety, memorize them, and live by them, and you'll never have an unintended accident with a firearm that results in an injury.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

5. Take a look at the Bersa thunder it has a lot of safety's it's 380 recoil is not bad my wife loves hers she has problems with her hands but can work it and shoot it fine it's light weight and she carries it a lot

What is the best handgun with the least kick?

Look at the Bersa 380cc. It's a lower priced weapon but my wife chose it over a lot of other higher priced. It's steel framed but not too heavy. Very easy to handle when shooting( my wife is very petite) has second strike capabilities and lots of safety features. It's patterned after a Walther and is highly underrated. My gunsmith talked me into buying it for her and was willing to spend whatever for her first gun.
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR

7. You might try the Ruger SR 22. An outstanding .22 pistol. Medium sized. Very light. Almost no recoil. Very reliable. Very accurate. Easy to disassemble and clean. Sells for about $300. My wife loves this handgun. If she wants to, my wife can shoot a full-sized 9mm pistol pretty well, and doesn't mind the recoil, but she always comes back to her SR 22. She loads it with CCI Stingers for ammo. And with that ammo, it can serve as a self-defense weapon. At home or in the car. (Of course, shot placement is crucial in any caliber, but especially in the smaller calibers.) Read some reviews online, if you like. Everybody seems to admire this gun quite a lot. Maybe you will, too.

there's no recoil because there's no power. It's a .22LR

You may want to decide what you want this firearm for. If it's self defense, you may also want to consider going to a range and shooting a few thousand rounds in something like a compact service sized handgun in 9mm, like a Walther PPQ or S&W M&P for example, and see with some preactice if you just needed time to get used to recoil in a handgun.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

1st- welcome!
    2nd- Find a few classes or look up a NRA "Women on Target" event close to you. (You need some instruction before you go much farther.)

Unless you have some physical issues that prevent it, most problems associated with "recoil" are easily & readily overcome with proper instruction. You really don't want to buy an under powered weapon for SD, only to realize two months later you can easily handle a good quality SD handgun.

Again, get some training 1st. Then rent or borrow some different handguns to try. There really is no need to rush into buying a handgun before you are ready.

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

If you can get used to the long trigger pull, the Ruger LC380 is a better choice than the Bersa Thunder 380.

The problem is you are asking for two mutually exclusive things. A small gun and small recoil. The weight of the pistol helps reduce the perceived recoil. The main safety feature on any and all guns is found between your ears. There are guns with manual safeties and guns without manual safeties but none that have been manufactured in the past 30 years or so will go off when dropped or anytime without the trigger being pulled. You need to go to a gun shop and handle all the guns that "look" good to you. Then when you find several you like you need to find a range that can rent you those guns so that you can shoot them.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast