Colored designer guns - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colored designer guns

1. I figured as much. Most of the guys and gals on here would agree that it would be less than prudent for your weapon to glow in the dark.

I don't see a problem wth colored guns, or even glow in the dark guns. Reminds me of the open carrier getting shot first argument...just holds no value or evidence.

Why do people worry about what others want so much? If someone had a hello kitty gun, , I'm all for it, another gun in the hands of a civilian.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

4. Understand. I could care less what color pistol a person wants. Go for it.

I'm just saying that a glow in the dark pistol would put you at a tactical disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by peeker View Post
    Understand. I could care less what color pistol a person wants. Go for it.

I'm just saying that a glow in the dark pistol would put you at a tactical disadvantage.
    I suppose if you were searching for someone, in hopes to surprisingly shoot or detain them...a bad guy breaking into my house will not notice a glow in the dark gun when I'm shooting at him after he breaks down the wrong door....maybe that's just me.

“One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Understand. I could care less what color pistol a person wants. Go for it.

Sort of in the same way a light or laser attached to the gun would right? The BG can spot your light emission before you spot him. Glow in the dark grips or frame would probably effect your night vision too
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I suppose if you were searching for someone, in hopes to surprisingly shoot or detain them...a bad guy breaking into my house will not notice a glow in the dark gun when I'm shooting at him after he breaks down the wrong door....maybe that's just me.

I would venture to say ones hands would cover most of it up but I don't think I would opt for that option.
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

Quote Originally Posted by longslide10 View Post
    Sort of in the same way a light or laser attached to the gun would right? The BG can spot your light emission before you spot him. Glow in the dark grips or frame would probably effect your night vision too
    Quote Originally Posted by longslide10 View Post
    I would venture to say ones hands would cover most of it up but I don't think I would opt for that option.
    I have a light and laser on all my firearms. Used properly, they definitely give me an upper hand.

9. The key to that statement being 'used properly'. Even when used properly they still have some negative impact, the techniques you employ during their use is meant to mitigate the risk involved in their use. You, for example, feel the pros outweigh the cons in their use. Aiding in target id being what I consider to be chief among the pros. Others consider them to be too much of a liability. Regardless, lights and lasers can be turned off, a glow in the dark weapon, not so much. That glow in the dark weapon is a light source that is difficult to hide at best. At worst, it is a beacon that costs you your life. I think a person would be better served by tritium sights, they glow enough to be able to find the weapon but don't exposed a light source to the bg under most conditions.

The key to that statement being 'used properly'. Even when used properly they still have some negative impact, the techniques you employ during their use is meant to mitigate the risk involved in their use. You, for example, feel the pros outweigh the cons in their use. Aiding in target id being what I consider to be chief among the pros. Others consider them to be too much of a liability. Regardless, lights and lasers can be turned off, a glow in the dark weapon, not so much. That glow in the dark weapon is a light source that is difficult to hide at best. At worst, it is a beacon that costs you your life. I think a person would be better served by tritium sights, they glow enough to be able to find the weapon but don't exposed a light source to the bg under most conditions.
    To each their own. :-P

Back to topic:
    Witness Pavona Polymer Compact - EAA Corporation/ USSG half a dozen different colors, none real flashy, but stylish(?)

Spikes has an AR marketed to women, though I don't see as it's really any lighter than many: ST Pure Estrogen Mid-Length Rifle [STR5550-S2D] - $1,369.00 : Spikes Tactical
    Press release about it
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast