If you would like to contribute to this page, please post the information in the Guam Forums.
Guam, officially the Territory of Guam, is an island in the Western Pacific Ocean and is an organized, unincorporated territory of the United States.
May issue to Residents only.
No person shall own, possess, use, carry or acquire any firearm which is lawful under Sec. 60103 unless he shall have first obtained from the Department an identification card evidencing his right to such ownership, possession, use or carrying, concealed or otherwise, as stated upon the face of the card; except that any person may use and posses a firearm at any shooting gallery licensed pursuant to Sec. 60105, et seq., without first obtaining a permit as otherwise required by this Section. Said card shall be in the possession of the holder and on his person whenever he is using or has in his possession a firearm.
Director of Public Safety
Permit Valid For:
If the application is not denied, the identification card shall issue within thirty (30) days except where application has been made to carry a concealed weapon, in which case the card shall issue within sixty (60) days.
1. Not convicted by any court of the United States, a state, territory, possession, trust territory or political subdivision thereof of any felony
2. Not an alien, except temporary permits may be issued to aliens for use only at target ranges operated by persons possessing permits therefor and who are citizens, or only for use at authorized sporting events and except for official representatives of foreign governments in their official capacities
3. Not presently charged by information or indictment with any crime stated in above.
4. Not adjudicated incompetent, has been committed to any mental institution
5. Not under the age of eighteen (18) years
6. Haven’t been convicted of any violation of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Act or any misdemeanor where personal injury or use of firearms was an element or factor of the offense unless the Director has determined that the offense was committed more than ten (10) years previously and that the applicant would not endanger the public safety by receiving an identification card
7. Not, in the determination of the Director appears to suffer from a physical or mental disease or defect which would adversely affect the safe use of the firearm applied for, unless the person obtains a certificate from a licensed physician stating that the physical or mental disease or defect would not adversely affect his safe operation of the firearm or the public safety.
Change of Name or Address:
Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Permits:
Informing Law Enforcement of Carry:
Places off-limits when carrying:
Alcohol and Drugs:
Deadly Force / Castle Doctrine:
Localities with Varying Laws:
Forms & Links:
NRA-ILA: Guam Gun Laws
We try to keep the information on this page as up to date as possible but due to changing laws it is your responsibility to verify all information. The information on this page is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site, emails or any of the links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between i156 LLC and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of i156 LLC.