Open carry is legal with an Indiana Handgun License. The license does not specify what type of carry, only that is a “License To Carry Handgun” which you can see in the example permit above.
The minimum age to open carry is 18 with an Indiana Handgun License.
Open carrying in a vehicle is also not legal.
The following is a list of places that are off-limits when carrying a weapon in Indiana:
- In or On School Property.
- On a school bus
- In or on property that is being used by a school for a school function
- Private School(IC 20*9.1*1*3) & (IC 35*41*1*24.7)
- Head Start (IC 35*41*1*24.7)
- Preschool (IC 35-41-1-24.7)
- IC 35*47*9*1Allows the carry of firearms by persons permitted to possess and who are transporting a person to or from school or a school function.
- On an aircraft
- Controlled access areas of an airport
- During annual State Fair 80 IAC 4-4-4 (Must lock in vehicle)
- Shipping port 130 IAC 4-1-8 (Controlled by Indiana Port Commission)
- A riverboat Casino
For concealed carry information, visit our Indiana concealed carry page.
We try to keep the information on this page as up to date as possible but due to changing laws it is your responsibility to verify all information. The information on this page is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site, emails or any of the links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between i156 LLC and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of i156 LLC.