By Brandon – Republished with Permission from Concealed Nation
Sometimes, it’s tough to be a gun owner. We tend to get a bad rap because of the few irresponsible gun owners out there. So in an attempt to clear the air and show that we aren’t so bad, here are 11 things that everyone should know about the average gun owner in America.
1. We’re extra polite and courteous
Most gun owners know the saying, “An armed society is a polite society.” Well, it’s true. Being a gun owner brings on extra responsibilities that we take seriously. The outcome is extra politeness and such. We’re just really pleasant to be around.
2. Some of the friendliest people you’ll ever meet are at your local gun range
It’s true. I’ve never met a mean person at the gun range, and I’ve met a lot of people at the gun range. If you ever want to engage in meaningful conversation with great people, this is a great place to start.
3. The last thing we want to do is use our firearm in self-defense
If a person owns a firearm for self-defense purposes, the last thing that person wants to do is to actually use that firearm to injure someone, or take a life. It is there as an absolute last resort in a life or death situation.
4. We don’t take the responsibility of being a gun owner lightly
Being a responsible gun owner is our top priority. We go out of our way to abide by the 4 rules of firearm safety, and we make sure that other gun owners are responsible as well. If they aren’t responsible, we hold them accountable.
5. We’ll never turn down ammo
Can’t decide what to get us for the holidays? Stuck on that perfect birthday gift for us? We’ll fill you in on a little secret: You can never go wrong with ammo! Even if you know that we have 10,000 rounds of our favorite caliber, we’ll gladly accept another 1,000 rounds. Seriously, there is no such thing as having too much ammo. It’ll never exist.
6. We watch a lot of firearm-related videos
Really, we do.
7. We are more aware of our surroundings than the average person
You’re not likely going to find us with our face in our phone as we’re walking around. We pay attention to what is going on around us as much as we can.
8. We’re not scared, we’re prepared
We don’t own firearms because we are scared, we own and carry them because we like to be prepared for a bad situation that may come our way.
9. We probably have more money invested in guns and ammo than we do the stock market
And that’s ok. There will always be a demand for both guns & ammo. They are both really great investments!
10. We’re the ones who sit at the table with the best view at the restaurant
And by best view, we mean a clear view of the floor and exits. Because if someone barges in looking to cause harm, we’ll be the first to see the events unfolding with our clear line of sight. We’ll also have a plan in our heads ahead of time.
11. We’re more than happy to teach people about firearms and firearm safety
There aren’t many things more fun for us than teaching others about firearms, and how to use them safely and properly. Don’t be afraid to ask, you’ll probably enjoy yourself!