At approximately 2:00PM local time, San Bernardino California emergency responders reported a mass shooting incident. At this time, reports indicate that upwards of 14 people are dead and up to 20 more may be injured.
Details are scarce and difficult to confirm. For the moment, here’s what we are hearing most often.
- Eyewitnesses and law enforcement confirm up to three shooters, with military gear including long weapons.
- The target of the shooting was the Inland Regional Center, a facility for people with developmental disabilities.
- Multiple agencies, including the FBI and BATFE are responding.
- The SBPD bomb squad found a suspicious package on the second floor of the building, which they will dispose of using a robot.
- Some media reports list one of the primary suspects names as Farooq Saeed. The information came from police scanners in the area.
This is an evolving situation, and we’ll keep you updated as more information comes in.