What if you could design and produce your handgun anyway you desired, with any features and characteristics, without a price parameter? With any specifications? With any capacity? With any caliber? With any weight? With any barrel length and any overall length? What would you include on your special handgun? Would you want it to have:
- Fully Ambidextrous controls?
- Aggressive Grip Texturing?
- An Oversize Beavertail?
- Fiber Optic Front Sights?
- Scalloping on the Top of the Slide?
- Packmayr Grips?
- Cocking “Ears” to help you Rack and Cock the Slide?
- A Capacity from 6 to 17 Rounds?
- A Barrel Length between 3″ and 4.25″?
- An Overall Length between 5.4″ and 7.55″?
- A Weight between 10 ounces and 28.6 ounces?
- A Contoured Bobtail Butt for Better Concealment?
- A .380 ACP. 9mm, or .45 ACP Caliber?
Well there are 12 new individual handguns for 2017 that collectively and exactly meet all of the above characteristics, specs, and features. Probably the gun you want for yourself is already available. But it may not have all or a lot of the above characteristics and features in one single gun or at your desired price. But 12 manufacturers have incorporated the above characteristics and features in their several new guns for 2017.
Below are 12 new handguns for 2017 and their individual specifications, features, characteristics, prices, etc. Of course, there are a few others available for 2017, so this is not totally inclusive. I hope this selective list of just some of the new 2017 handguns that my readers and students have asked me about saves you some time in researching them. I have reviewed 6 of them or some version of them on this website in the last few months and 3 others (Spectrum, P-10C, and Black Label) are on there way to me for review. Be sure and define what you want in your gun up front. Develop your criteria, then narrow down the list of options to the ones that most closely match your criteria, shoot your top 3-4 choices before you buy, and then pick your winner based on performance and your total criteria and desired features.
The first chart below shows my list of 12 of the new for 2017 handguns, with their specifications and features. The second chart below shows my list of 10 new for 2017 9mm handguns, with their specs and features. You probably know that I favor the 9mm pistol for concealed carry self defense (with appropriate ammo.) Thus, my list of 9mms. Again, remember readers and students inquired about the ones chosen.
In my second chart below with 10 new for 2017 9mm pistols, you see certain specs and/or features which you may want, e.g.highest capacity or heaviest weight. So, if you want the longest barrel new for 2017 9mm gun, there is a tie with the Smith & Wesson M&P M2 and the Beretta APX, both with 4.25″ barrels. As you can see in the second chart, the shortest barrel new for 2017 9mm is the Kahr CMP Tungsten with a 3″ barrel. Likewise, 4 new 9mms are tied with a capacity of 17: FN 509, M&P M2, Sig 320, and Beretta APX. The chart shows the heaviest new for 2017 handgun being the Springfield EMP 4 at 31 ounces, with the Kahr CM9 being the lightest at 15.9 ounces. MSRPs and prices (vary a lot) are also given, but try not to give price a heavy influence on your choice, because so many other features and specs matter more for defending your life. You usually (?) do get what you pay for. Hope this helps you, given my lists of the new for 2017 guns. SUCCESS!
12 NEW FOR 2017 HANDGUNS
NOTE: Springfield in 2017 recently presented the 1911 EMP 4 Contour 9mm, which has the contoured, rounded Bobtail butt which enhances concealment. Its specs and features are shown in the chart that follows below. The above chart includes the new for 2017 All-Black Armory Kote EMP 3 model for discrete carry, which has the same basic specs and features as the two-tone EMP 3 introduced in 2007.
10 NEW FOR 2017 9MM HANDGUNS
Hope my charts of specs and features for just some new handguns save you some time and show you at a single glance some of the top new 2017 handguns. But, decide for yourself and
Photo by Author.
* This personal opinion article is meant for general information & educational purposes only and the author strongly recommends that you seek counsel from an attorney for legal advice and your own personal certified weapons trainer for proper guidance about shooting & using YOUR firearms, self-defense and concealed carry. It should not be relied upon as accurate for all shooters & the author assumes no responsibility for anyone’s use of the information and shall not be liable for any improper or incorrect use of the information or any damages or injuries incurred whatsoever.
© 2017 Col Benjamin Findley. All Rights Reserved. This article may not be reprinted or reproduced in whole or in part by mechanical means, photocopying, electronic reproduction, scanning, or any other means without prior written permission. or copyright information, contact Col Ben Findley at ColBFF@gmail.com.