Recently, I had learned about the Glock RSA Exchange program. I was surprised to hear that my local range was unaware of the program. That led me to think that others have also not heard of the program.
GLOCK Inc. is voluntarily exchanging the recoil spring assembly (RSA) on its new Gen4 pistols (with the exception of G26 and G27 models). GLOCK has developed a new design to the recoil spring assemblies on its Gen4 pistols to replace several variations that are functioning in the market today.
As part of the company’s commitment to perfection, Glock is voluntarily exchanging the existing RSA in order to ensure their products perform up to GLOCK’s stringent standards.
GLOCK is replacing the RSA in all Gen4s sold beforeJuly 22, 2011 at no cost to you.
Here is what you need to do:
- Call 1-877-745-8523 and you will speak to a very nice person. Have the serial number and model number of yourGEN4 Glock handy to request your modified RSA.
- GLOCK will verify your serial number and collect shipping information.
- Within 30 days (mine arrived within a week), GLOCK will send you a replacement RSA along with a pre-addressed envelope to mail your old spring back to Glock.
- When you receive the replacement RSA, field strip your GLOCK per the instructions found in your ‘Instructions for Use’ manual that came with your pistol and replace the old RSA with the new one
- Place the old RSA in the supplied shipping container and give to the United States Postal Service (USPS)