On Oct. 20, 2011, the Wisconsin DOJ updated their FAQ on the new concealed carry laws which will be taking effect on Nov. 1, 2011. Included in this update is their list of out-of-state permits they will recognize along with training requirements and the application process.
The current list of out-of-state concealed carry permits they will recognize is below:
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Virgin Islands
Attn: License Unit
PO Box 7130
Madison, WI, 53707-7130
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources hunter education certificate
- An unrevoked concealed carry license from another state or jurisdiction. You must enclose the affirmation form verifying it is not revoked for cause. The license may be current or expired.
- Proof of military, law enforcement, or security firearms training. (details)
- Department of Justice Firearm Safety Course certificate (issued by DOJ-certified instructors)
- Firearms safety or training certificate from a course taught by a national or state organization that certifies firearms instructors, or by an instructor certified by a national or state organization that certifies firearms instructors, or to the public by a law enforcement agency.